3.5mm combo headset microphone issue

Larrie_c

I recently bought a headset with a microphone to build into my motorcycle helmet. It has a 3.5mm combo jack, so i can connect it with my phone. When i first tested the headset with my phone (moto G4 plus, 4th gen) i noticed a problem. The headset is connected, but only as a stereo headset without a microphone. If i try an other headset with my phone, the microphone shows up. When i connect the headset for the helmet with my laptop, everything works. Tried it with discord without any issues. 

I don't really know what the problem can be. Is my moto G4 plus broken, or is the headset broken? 

5 minutes ago, Larrie_c said:

I recently bought a headset with a microphone to build into my motorcycle helmet. It has a 3.5mm combo jack, so i can connect it with my phone. When i first tested the headset with my phone (moto G4 plus, 4th gen) i noticed a problem. The headset is connected, but only as a stereo headset without a microphone. If i try an other headset with my phone, the microphone shows up. When i connect the headset for the helmet with my laptop, everything works. Tried it with discord without any issues. 

I don't really know what the problem can be. Is my moto G4 plus broken, or is the headset broken? 

What headset

15 hours ago, Smiles4Miles said:

What headset

Something standard like this