91% Isopropyl Alcohol

Go to solution Solved by Semper,

All isopropyl alcohol I know of has some water content in it.

It should be fine so long as you're not trying to run it in a water cooling loop or some bizarre use case unforeseen.

Can I use 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. It says on the back though that it includes purified water which worries me.

I use the same stuff and haven't had an issue. Wouldn't recommend using it on plastic though.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

It should be fine so long as you're not trying to run it in a water cooling loop or some bizarre use case unforeseen.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

4 minutes ago, Semper said:

also note that pure water is also safe and cannot conduct electricity 

2 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

also note that pure water is also safe and cannot conduct electricity 

Do you have  a source on this I'm genuinely interested

12 minutes ago, ImThaLAW said:

Any credible scientific outlet on the matter. It's not entirely incapable of doing so, but it is a poor conductor.
Truly pure (or as close as we can get it) water does unexpected things. It's the impurities that water naturally pick up (due to hydrogen bonding, I believe) that change the way it interacts with the world around it.

https://www.lenntech.com/applications/ultrapure/conductivity/water-conductivity.htm

https://www.scienceabc.com/pure-sciences/do-you-think-that-water-conducts-electricity-if-you-do-then-youre-wrong.html

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

7 minutes ago, ImThaLAW said:

basically, water structure is a molecule and dont have mobile ions

Just a disclaimer for anyone that gets the same idea as my cousin, pure water isn't "safe" to use on electronics. It'll pick up ions from whatever it's on and become conductive really quickly.