How do I output Xbox One, PS4, and PC audio to my headphones

ShadyBeings

Hey guys I need to output the audio from my two consoles and my PC to my headphones at the same time.

Currently I'm doing this by running my Xbox One X audio into my PC with a Fiio DAC which converts the X1X SPDIF to 3.5mm.

Now I got a PS4 Pro as well and I need a better way to do this. The only way I can do it currently is by plugging the PS4 HDMI out to my Xbox HDMI In, but I'm afraid there's too much latency going on there to really play games with it, though it doesn't seem bad.

My ideal setup would be my Xbox and PS4 on an HDMI switch to my monitor and their audio going independently into my headphones.

Do I buy a small mixer or how do I do this?

I have DT990 Pro 250ohm so I wouldn't mind spending over $100 for a DAC/AMP that can mix all the sounds together, I just don't know what to look for.

ok, so you would need a small mixer of some sort. what audio connections are you using from each output and where in the world are you located?

CT14

I'm in the US

I think both Xbox and PS4 only output SPDIF and PC will output whatever I want it to

so, after a bit of searching, i found this if you are willing to sacrifice a single volume control for both consoles. link

and then connect to this from sweetwater. but price.

if you are not willing to sacrifice the volume control, then you will have to fork out more money. please let me know if you do wish to go this route, as it will require more work.

CT14

22 minutes ago, ComTech14 said:

so, after a bit of searching, i found this if you are willing to sacrifice a single volume control for both consoles. link

and then connect to this from sweetwater. but price.

if you are not willing to sacrifice the volume control, then you will have to fork out more money. please let me know if you do wish to go this route, as it will require more work.

CT14

Looks like that 1x2 alone would do it for me. I'd simply plug in both optical cables into the 1x2 then plug that into my Fiio converter and plug it into my PC through 3.5mm

Thanks man, this  ended up being a lot less complicated than I thought it would be.

Also I'd still have volume control but not individual, though that isn't really a problem for me as I only need to listen to one at a time, I just didn't want to have to switch every time I changed which console I'm playing

1 hour ago, ShadyBeings said:

Looks like that 1x2 alone would do it for me. I'd simply plug in both optical cables into the 1x2 then plug that into my Fiio converter and plug it into my PC through 3.5mm

Thanks man, this  ended up being a lot less complicated than I thought it would be.

Also I'd still have volume control but not individual, though that isn't really a problem for me as I only need to listen to one at a time, I just didn't want to have to switch every time I changed which console I'm playing

You DO NOT need a mixer to mix them, however it is nicer and has less interference by using a mixer. You just need an extra 3.5mm AUX cable. Heres' a video explain it. 

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

2 hours ago, BLCT said:

You DO NOT need a mixer to mix them, however it is nicer and has less interference by using a mixer. You just need an extra 3.5mm AUX cable. Heres' a video explain it. 

1: really don't wanna sit around with a cable all the time.

2: my mobo only supports one 3.5mm in

5 minutes ago, ShadyBeings said:

1: really don't wanna sit around with a cable all the time.

2: my mobo only supports one 3.5mm in

What about your front IO on your case? Also, if you have a LINE IN port you can also use that.

Just now, BLCT said:

What about your front IO on your case? Also, if you have a LINE IN port you can also use that.

Line in is already being used up by my Xbone, I needed a way to also run my PS4 there as well. That splitter pretty much solves the issue entirely as I'll run both into the same line in

1 minute ago, ShadyBeings said:

Line in is already being used up by my Xbone, I needed a way to also run my PS4 there as well. That splitter pretty much solves the issue entirely as I'll run both into the same line in

Why do you need both of them connected at the same time? You can just reconfigure it when you decide to play either or. But yeah if you want  a "permanent solution" then a mixer would be the best choice.