dual non-sli gpu rendering for lumion

hello so I recently bought a rx 570 which was an upgrade from my existing gtx 1050ti and was wondering if I could use both for rendering scenes in lumion like animations and stuff or would that not work.

Second question is that does lumion support open gl or CL rendering where the cpu and gpu work together because I also recently bought a Intel xeon e5-2687w v3 for my workstation and was wondering if I would be able to use all of it's 10 cores for rendering as well as my graphics card or both of them if possible.

sorry this is a loaded post but if you could assist that would be be very helpful :)

What 570 did you get? Id get a 8gb, and really get a gtx card, makes multi gpu much easier as its all cuda. Otherwise your running the nvidia gpu with opencl, which is often not supported and much slower.

Your still limited by the vram of one gpu

I don't think you can mix cpu + gpu, but I can test later. You can have the cpu render some frames and the gpu render others if your doing an animation, but the gpus will be so much faster than the cpu your not gaming much.

I think its opencl

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What 570 did you get? Id get a 8gb, and really get a gtx card, makes multi gpu much easier as its all cuda. Otherwise your running the nvidia gpu with opencl, which is often not supported and much slower.

Your still limited by the vram of one gpu

I don't think you can mix cpu + gpu, but I can test later. You can have the cpu render some frames and the gpu render others if your doing an animation, but the gpus will be so much faster than the cpu your not gaming much.

I think its opencl

yeah I got a msi 8gb card it was an impulse buy because it was only $220aud, and cool I didn't know that thanks. I just say linus kinda old video where they had amd and nvida video encoding or something and was wondering if it would work like that in lumion ahaha

1 minute ago, thegoogler said:

yeah I got a msi 8gb card, and cool I didn't know that thanks. I just say linus kinda old video where they had amd and nvida video encoding or something and was wondering if it would work like that in lumion ahaha

My guess is probably not, but I can try it at home, but if you have the hardware give it a shot, why not test it.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

My guess is probably not, but I can try it at home, but if you have the hardware give it a shot, why not test it.

yeah i guess I could just try, im picking it up tomorrow cuz the shop isn't open today rip but im still waiting on the cpu till next month ahaha

Just now, thegoogler said:

yeah i guess I could just try, im picking it up tomorrow cuz the shop isn't open today rip but im still waiting on the cpu till next month ahaha

Really, id stay away from that xeon, all the renering is done on the gpu, so id focus on gpus unless you need the cpu for something else.

Id cancel and get a nvidia card if you can though.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Really, id stay away from that xeon, all the renering is done on the gpu, so id focus on gpus unless you need the cpu for something else.

Id cancel and get a nvidia card if you can though.

the nvida cards were $100 more and i don't have that at the moment and the cpu was pretty cheap and I can use it for rendering inside of revit if I need to. it was cheaper than a 5820k tho but its a ES

8 minutes ago, thegoogler said:

the nvida cards were $100 more and i don't have that at the moment and the cpu was pretty cheap and I can use it for rendering inside of revit if I need to. it was cheaper than a 5820k tho but its a ES

what cpu do you have more? Id stay away from es cpus.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

what cpu do you have more? Id stay away from es cpus.

the cpu I have at the moment is an i3 6100. dw I saw they had it working on the board I bough which is a x99-A and the cpu is on it's supported list so I thought why not ahahah

1 hour ago, thegoogler said:

the cpu I have at the moment is an i3 6100. dw I saw they had it working on the board I bough which is a x99-A and the cpu is on it's supported list so I thought why not ahahah

why not get a ryzen 1700 or 2700? it should be faster and simmilar in price, esp with the cheaper boards.

Not all es cpus are the same, so you really can't garantee it will work.