Monitor Opinions 1440p 144HZ

Nolanl83

Im looking to get a 1440p 144hz monitor for sub 500$ and need a good choice

Monitor = HP 1920 X 1080 60hz ( Which is Why I need opinions on what monitors to get, never owned a high refresh rate monitor myself)

CPU = I7-5820K

GPU = GTX 1060 6GB

I Assume my GPU wont be able to run games at 1440p atleast not all of them, so I Will probably end up scaling down to 1920x1080 until I upgrade my GPU in a few years but Id assume its just better to buy a 1440p monitor now. 

Id like it to have G-sync, you can try and persuade me how I dont really need it, I somewhat feel like I do thought. 

and if you could explain the more important specs id appreciate it, my issue is im a by the numbers guy, but with monitors they throw alot at you so im not too sure whats important other than response time and other more obvious things like the type of panel. I appreciate the help

1 minute ago, Johnprogames360 said:

Im not quite sure about the TN panel, whats the main differences between that and a VA, I know a little bit but not the full extent

VA panels provide a good middle ground with better-than-IPS refresh rates and contrast levels, but have worse viewing angles and color production, although generally still better than TN. Response times are VA's largest downfall, though, being slower than IPS and its variants and TN

also, theres also and upgraded version of that  other monitor, 1440p at 144hz but at $600

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB271HU-Abmiprz-2560x1440/dp/B01N11QIYW/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1545777332&sr=1-4&keywords=acer+predator

3 minutes ago, Johnprogames360 said:

VA panels provide a good middle ground with better-than-IPS refresh rates and contrast levels, but have worse viewing angles and color production, although generally still better than TN. Response times are VA's largest downfall, though, being slower than IPS and its variants and TN

also, theres also and upgraded version of that  other monitor, 1440p at 144hz but at $600

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB271HU-Abmiprz-2560x1440/dp/B01N11QIYW/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1545777332&sr=1-4&keywords=acer+predator

Hmm, I currently have an IPS Panel, I just found this monitor whilst looking let me know what you think. Ive had minimal experiences with other monitors OTHER than IPS .

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB271HU-2560x1440-Display/dp/B0173PEX20/ref=pd_sbs_147_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0173PEX20&pd_rd_r=11cc9f8d-0896-11e9-a213-afd08bde3d9e&pd_rd_w=73o7S&pd_rd_wg=ENxco&pf_rd_p=7d5d9c3c-5e01-44ac-97fd-261afd40b865&pf_rd_r=HX0HX04EMBVXMK9FFVN2&psc=1&refRID=HX0HX04EMBVXMK9FFVN2

1 minute ago, Johnprogames360 said:

i have a dual monitor setup with 2 tn panels at 144hz but ips is a good option aswell

Do you think id have an issue using dual monitors going from an IPS To a TN?

• IPS: Best all-rounder for colours and viewing angles; there are some very high-refresh-rate panels coming onto the market
  • VA: Poorer response times than IPS and TN, but very deep blacks and great viewing angles
  • TN: The fastest, but normally with poorer viewing angles but higher refresh rates

You will have no issues. Its just different advantages on the panels. The tn's just have a less viewing angles but is justified by a completely cheaper price. 

I got 2 24" tn monitors, on black friday, for $320, but can be bought now for $400-$500

5 minutes ago, Johnprogames360 said:
  • IPS: Best all-rounder for colours and viewing angles; there are some very high-refresh-rate panels coming onto the market
  • VA: Poorer response times than IPS and TN, but very deep blacks and great viewing angles
  • TN: The fastest, but normally with poorer viewing angles but higher refresh rates

You will have no issues. Its just different advantages on the panels. The tn's just have a less viewing angles but is justified by a completely cheaper price. 

I got 2 24" tn monitors, on black friday, for $320, but can be bought now for $400-$500

Well, I meant more of having two monitors moving from monitor to monitor back and forth

6 minutes ago, Nolanl83 said:

Well, I meant more of having two monitors moving from monitor to monitor back and forth

Oh... well depending on the refresh rate and latency, going back and forth, if the same latency and refresh rate are the same it will be fine, but if not the same, it do well. 

It really depends on what you're doing. if you're gaming on one screen and doing productivity on the other, the different ifs fine,

But if you want to sync the monitors so you can go full screen, it wont look good.

Normal productivity will be fine with different monitors, but if you want to game, i suggest playing on one and doing something else on the other.