Corsair - SF 450 W 80+ Gold psu for i7 and gtx 1070

DhruvGhayal

How good is Corsair - SF 450 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply for following

i7 8700

MSI B360I MINI ITX MOBO

GTX 1070

16 GB 2666Mhz ram

1tb m.2

It's good, but I'd recommend a SF600 in case you do any big upgrades.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

4 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

It's good, but I'd recommend a SF600 in case you do any big upgrades.

But for now I want to keep this things no plan for upgrades untill new nvidia 3××× lineup

1 minute ago, DhruvGhayal said:

But for now I want to keep this things no plan for upgrades untill new nvidia 3××× lineup

Then get the SF450.

I'd recommend the 80+ Platinum version because the box looks cool, but get the normal 80+ Gold version if you don't care about the box.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

5 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

It's alright.

The SF450 80+ Platinum unfortunately doesn't seem to be available in Canada, so you will be missing out on a goodlooking box.

No problem, I will buy some good looking in future?...good to know my built is good to go for holidays...

Merry Christmas NunoLava1998

maybe a bit off topic, but i would jump staight to the 1070 ti, as you get a nice performence bump for around the same price

The Platinum has better regulation and efficiency. It's also quieter. The Gold has better transient response and longer hold up time. Either is fine. The 1070/Ti doesn't draw that much power anyway. 

The 1070 Ti would be a better pick for usually not that much more. It performs ~25% better than the 1070, making it much closer to the 1080 in terms of performance. 

:)

2 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

maybe a bit off topic, but i would jump staight to the 1070 ti, as you get a nice performence bump for around the same price

Thanks but I have to look after my budget...this is the best I can affort for now as... lol..rtx 2060 is not out...??

2 hours ago, seon123 said:

The Platinum has better regulation and efficiency. It's also quieter. The Gold has better transient response and longer hold up time. Either is fine. The 1070/Ti doesn't draw that much power anyway. 

The 1070 Ti would be a better pick for usually not that much more. It performs ~25% better than the 1070, making it much closer to the 1080 in terms of performance. 

Thanks...but I think 1070 is enough for 1080p 60+ fps gameplay with ultra settings for now as I am limited with overall spendings and as rtx 2060 is not out.

1 minute ago, DhruvGhayal said:

Thanks...but I think 1070 is enough for 1080p 60+ fps gameplay with ultra settings for now as I am limited with overall spendings and as rtx 2060 is not out.

even a 1060 or 580 should be enough for that. no need for a 1070 ti

4 hours ago, DhruvGhayal said:

Fine, other than the fact that the stock cooler does not allow the 8700 to reach its full turbo speed, so you should get a Noctua Nh-L9i to increase your performance

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

5 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Fine, other than the fact that the stock cooler does not allow the 8700 to reach its full turbo speed, so you should get a Noctua Nh-L9i to increase your performance

Ya I was thinking about some liquid cooling in future.

I know my rig do not allow this but I am thinking of customizing my rig, I will figure out some way.

Please help I booted the system but my display is not turning on with gtx 1070....I checked with my fnds rx 580 it was working well.