BENQ GW2760 review

brownninja97

419xelCeuIL.jpg

Now this monitor is a bit of an odd ball, I got it for £130, its A MVA panel and its 1080p at 27inch. The pixel depth isnt very good due to the big size but i prefer a bigger monitor so i went for it, so far its the cheapest 27inch monitor that i can find which is quite nice. I will admit the colour depth doesnt match that of a ips especially when i have a ultrasharp next to it. The 16mm bezel is fine for me but im sure many others would prefer to have a thinner one especially when you are getting more then one monitor. The 4ms latency is fine, honestly i think latency is bs but if it matters to you then yay for you. It uses 27 watts while being on and 0.3w while in power saving, i tend to just turn it off if im not using it. It comes with a VGA cable(haha vga funny guys) and so it has a two inputs, DVI and VGA which is fine by me. In an attempt to  look sexy the back is carbon fibre which is nice and all but honestly when you look at the back of your monitor. The viewing angle is 178 degrees which is fine and it truely is that, the colours slightly change at around 60 degrees but its not a big difference, its unlikely that you would notice it unless you were trying to like i was. It weights 6.5kg so if you think thats heavy then quit being a baby and suck it up. 

Now on to a few things ive noticed, when putting the brightness at 100% which is what i always do it starts to emit coil whine from the monitors power supply, weirdly it also caused a coil whine in my graphics card, which is odd because when i changed the monitor to see if it was the monitor or my gpu i found that the gpu coil whines only with this monitor(probably an anomaly). I also found that this coil whine at max brightness occurs when there is a lot of white on the screen, going under 90% seems to solve the problem for me but it could be different for you, its ok as its a cheap panel so they must of cut corners somewhere. The packaging is hard foam which is better then nothing but it doesnt absorb a lot of energy. 

My rating is an: 8/10, not the best monitor ever but its one hell of a bargin for its price, the fact that its a MVA panel instead of a TN panel is amazing, the stand is made of metal which a plastic shell so that think is a rock(but the ultrasharp still has the best stand in my opinion). Just so you know if you spend £15 more then you get a monitor which has these features but doesnt have the coil whine business.

Links:

http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/BenQ+GW2760+27%22+Full+HD+MVA+Panel+Monitor+?productId=57525

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-GW2760-Widescreen-Multimedia-Monitor/dp/B00EPB8I54

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-090-BQ

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1