Nvidia Shield Worth to buy now or Mi Box S

Hello,

Just as the title states

Is it worth it to get an Nvidia Shield rn ad the last version that was released is in 2017. The first modal is in 2015.

Ik comparing this 2 might be weird

But it would be a really sad choice if I bought something that was going to get refreshed next year <2019>

I'm comparing with the Mi Box S because of it's price. But it seems to have some issues. If I take the Nvidia Shield, I was hoping to use it for like years to come if that's possible.

Edit 1: the Nvidia shield is on sale rn till 25th that's why

Thank you for reading, need your opinions

1 hour ago, Great_yarn said:

But it would be a really sad choice if I bought something that was going to get refreshed next year <2019>

That applies to practically everything electronic and it's pointless to think about it like that, anyways! Even if there was a new model of Shield TV out next year, so what? Does the current model do everything you need to do? If yes, then it doesn't matter what comes out next year. If it doesn't, then the question is pointless in the first place. Shield TV just got big updates, actually, adding support for HBO, too, so now there's Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, HBO and a bunch of others, it works fabulously as a Kodi-box, supports 4K-resolution, HDR, 5.1 - surround sound in Youtube etc. etc.

All this said, the difference between the 2015- and 2017-models is...the amount of internal storage. No functional difference at all. I have the 2015-model myself and it's the best god damn media-player I've ever seen, even three years after release!

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

14 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

That applies to practically everything electronic and it's pointless to think about it like that, anyways! Even if there was a new model of Shield TV out next year, so what? Does the current model do everything you need to do? If yes, then it doesn't matter what comes out next year. If it doesn't, then the question is pointless in the first place. Shield TV just got big updates, actually, adding support for HBO, too, so now there's Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, HBO and a bunch of others, it works fabulously as a Kodi-box, supports 4K-resolution, HDR, 5.1 - surround sound in Youtube etc. etc.

All this said, the difference between the 2015- and 2017-models is...the amount of internal storage. No functional difference at all. I have the 2015-model myself and it's the best god damn media-player I've ever seen, even three years after release!wel

Well , in that case thank you ??