Question

perttila

Okay so, im thinking of upgrading from 1060 to vega64 strix.  My setup is cpu ryzen 7 1700x oc 3,8ghz 1,35v, 2x8gb ddr4 2133mhz, 1 m2 ssd 250gb, 4x 140mm fans and 2 120mm fans 750w gold edison m psu.

so my question is would my powersupply be able to provide enough power for the system or should i just get a new one i am currently strict on the budget. also i am not going to overclock vega so i wouldnt push more watts than it already comes with. i havent seen any graphs showing vega64 strix power draw so that is why im here :) Thank you already for the help and have a nice xmas!

also is there risks involved playing with the psu limit?

Going by this...

https://www.tomshardware.co.uk/asus-rx-vega64-strix-oc,review-34379-4.html

According to the article, the draw was 280 watt when pushed and when they overclocked it, it started to overrun the cooling solution at 330W.

Not familiar with that PSU but 750 watts should still be plenty if you're not planning to overclock the GPU.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

why buy v64 when you can get 1070ti? it has about the same performance for cheaper and better power efficiency. it will also run WAY cooler and you can oc it to 1080 performance.

5 hours ago, perttila said:

because i dont agree how nvidia does their things, i dont want to support them.@saksham

wel... im not here to tell you what to do. thats your decision. as for your question, yes. 750W is more than enough