Blue screen new ram?

So I recently installed some new ram and after being on my pc for a while their was 2 blue screens that happend they didn't happen right away but one right after I installed the ram a tired out a game then the next one after an hour plus of surfing and talking to freinds. This never has happend before until I installed this new ram is their any reason why you guys might know. Also if this helps discord just restarts sometimes by itself and idk why. Any help would be appreciated. Also the pc runs fine third no hippus or anything. Well besides the blue screen. 

incompatibility, clock, timings, bad sitting. Anything really.

Check this issues in this order please:

1) Have you installed the RAM in the order suggested in the motherboard manual?

Yes? Resit it. No? Fix it following MoBo User manual.

2) Is the RAM specific model in your Motherboards QVL (check the manual for this info, or webpage)?.

3) Is the RAM clocked at its factory settings and timings (check BIOS settings)?

4) Is the RAM speed supported by the CPU (check your CPU manufacturer feature sheet)?

No? try it at minimum possible. For DDR4 is 2133Mhz. Everything else on AUTO.

5) Is the CPU overclocked?.

Yes? Revert it to stock settings.

If you are too lazy or just don't know where to start, post here every component of your rig stating brand and model. If you are still lost obtaining this information. Post pictures of the boxes.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, faziten said:

incompatibility, clock, timings, bad sitting. Anything really.

Check this issues in this order please:

1) Have you installed the RAM in the order suggested in the motherboard manual?

Yes? Resit it. No? Fix it following MoBo User manual.

2) Is the RAM specific model in your Motherboards QVL (check the manual for this info, or webpage)?.

3) Is the RAM clocked at its factory settings and timings (check BIOS settings)?

4) Is the RAM speed supported by the CPU (check your CPU manufacturer feature sheet)?

No? try it at minimum possible. For DDR4 is 2133Mhz. Everything else on AUTO.

5) Is the CPU overclocked?.

Yes? Revert it to stock settings.

If you are too lazy or just don't know where to start, post here every component of your rig stating brand and model. If you are still lost obtaining this information. Post pictures of the boxes.

Cheers!

Ryzen 5 2600x 

Zotac gtx 1070ti 

Asus b350m-a mobo

Evga 750w supernova 

Vengeance 16gb 3200mhz c16 2 8 sticks 

Samsung evo 860 500gb ssd 

1tb Toshiba hdd 

Stock wraith cooler 

Thanks for any help! 

2 hours ago, David_2716 said:

Vengeance 16gb 3200mhz c16 2 8 sticks 

With this description i get you have this modules:

image.png.4cc6a78fbb3ef5de382e4d508398835c.png

With the following SKU: CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 (You will need to confirm this with the packaging).

This ram modules are reported to be compatible (in corsair web page) with X99 and Z170 platforms. Not with Ryzen 2000.

https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia/sys_master/productcontent/DDR4-Compatibility.pdf

In the other hand ASUS'es QVL (quality vendor list, is a list most manufacturers make to state some models that are tested to work with their platform under certain configurations), as you may have predicted by now, this SKU is not in the QVL for ANY Ryzen 2000 series.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_X370-PRO/Memory-QVL.pdf

Let alone your motherboard's QVL

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_B350M-A/PRIME-B350M-A_Memory_QVL_180126.pdf

BUT! one thing that can help you at least attempt to run this RAM, is that the SKU CMK16GX4M2B3000C15(Ver4.24) is tested to run by asus in this very same document, so i'd try to replicate the same speed, timings and voltage in order to aproach this known to work configuration:

15-17-17-35 1.35V 2933MHZ

Also remember to install the modules following this diagram (obtained from your MoBo's manual:)

image.png.0b5ba7aea2c3aca20abec9c21cfa8c8f.pngThis should give you the best chance to run said RAM modules at the highest speed possible. If it still causes random BSODs, id recommend you either change your ram of run them at lowest speed possible (2133 Mhz) to minimize the incompatibility.

If this is the case, let it be a reminder that RAM compatibility should be checked before issuing a purchase. If this is not the case because the SKU is different you can disregard all said before and provide the SKU you have. (if you dont know how to get it, post a picture of the ram packaging showing the sticker with the numbers and all that.

Cheers!

30 minutes ago, faziten said:

With this description i get you have this modules:

image.png.4cc6a78fbb3ef5de382e4d508398835c.png

With the following SKU: CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 (You will need to confirm this with the packaging).

This ram modules are reported to be compatible (in corsair web page) with X99 and Z170 platforms. Not with Ryzen 2000.

https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia/sys_master/productcontent/DDR4-Compatibility.pdf

In the other hand ASUS'es QVL (quality vendor list, is a list most manufacturers make to state some models that are tested to work with their platform under certain configurations), as you may have predicted by now, this SKU is not in the QVL for ANY Ryzen 2000 series.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_X370-PRO/Memory-QVL.pdf

Let alone your motherboard's QVL

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_B350M-A/PRIME-B350M-A_Memory_QVL_180126.pdf

BUT! one thing that can help you at least attempt to run this RAM, is that the SKU CMK16GX4M2B3000C15(Ver4.24) is tested to run by asus in this very same document, so i'd try to replicate the same speed, timings and voltage in order to aproach this known to work configuration:

15-17-17-35 1.35V 2933MHZ

Also remember to install the modules following this diagram (obtained from your MoBo's manual:)

image.png.0b5ba7aea2c3aca20abec9c21cfa8c8f.pngThis should give you the best chance to run said RAM modules at the highest speed possible. If it still causes random BSODs, id recommend you either change your ram of run them at lowest speed possible (2133 Mhz) to minimize the incompatibility.

If this is the case, let it be a reminder that RAM compatibility should be checked before issuing a purchase. If this is not the case because the SKU is different you can disregard all said before and provide the SKU you have. (if you dont know how to get it, post a picture of the ram packaging showing the sticker with the numbers and all that.

Cheers!

Oh alright thanks so much! I changed the ram frequency to 3000mhz and so far is been fine than when i had it at 3200mhz i was trying to run doom and everytime i tried it would crash now it boots up and i'm able to play it. Will keep testing out this setup and see if theirs any problems if not i my try to mimic that other ram you mentioned. Also what would i have to do to get it to 3200mhz just wondering is it my mobo or my processor, or some other thing that might be affecting it. Thanks anyways! ❤️

On 12/23/2018 at 5:28 AM, David_2716 said:

is it my mobo or my processor, or some other thing that might be affecting it. Thanks anyways!

its defenitely the processor. But not in a bad way. It's the way Ryzen is right now. Some modules wont work no matter how much love you put into them. Others, plug and play.

For future RAM buys:

1)Check first your motherboard QVL memory modules and configurations.Try to get one of those, matching your intended configuration.

2)If that's a no go, try to get info on Memory module manufacturer web site, some of them have very long list of Motherboard compatibility. Try to find your motherboard there.

(note: RAM not showing in your MoBo's QVL or your MoBo's not appearing in RAM compatibility whitepaper does not mean it wont work. It just means it was not tested nor is guaranteed to work flawlessly or at all.)

In other platforms you can buy only buy type and all gucci. Ryzen requieres extra fiddling. It's new, has a lot of polishing to do and some things are not as straight forward as we may have wanted. Just to be clear, there is nothing necesarily wrong in your PC, its just a compatibility missmatch that should have popped up before the purchase was made, have you known about it.