Good Tech Under 100?

DrThots

I've been given a £200 budget and I'm planning on spending 100 of it on an 1tb ssd, what useful but good tech that I could get that is under £100

Linus literally has a series on this exact thing

”Handy tech under $100”

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Can you think of anything that'll make day to day usage of your PC easier?

I recently bought 200 velcro ties so I could do better cable management.

Just now, Tantabus said:

Can you think of anything that'll make day to day usage of your PC easier?

I recently bought 200 velcro ties so I could do better cable management.

my pc is pretty good right now, i have a lot of tech on board. Maybe a bigger table?

If you're thinking of upgrading your desk, make sure you get one that can handle the weight of all your gear. I've seen people's desks snap if too much weight is put in the middle.

If you're willing to save, getting a sit/stand desk is a must for long term PC gaming.

nice keyboard or mouse?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

nice keyboard or mouse?

corsair strafe brown switches, got an extra one cus rng blessed me and got delivered 2, and same with my logitech g402

If your GPU can handle it, there are some decent $100 IPS 1080p monitors. You can never have enough screen real-estate imo

1 minute ago, Tantabus said:

If your GPU can handle it, there are some decent $100 IPS 1080p monitors. You can never have enough screen real-estate imo

i have dual monitors, one is a 75hz aoc monitor 1920x1080 and one is a 60hz old monitor 1600x900

Just now, DrThots said:

corsair strafe brown switches, got an extra one cus rng blessed me and got delivered 2, and same with my logitech g402

ok then how about some new headphones? not quite sure what you would get at $100 becuase im kinda shit at whats value though

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

ok then how about some new headphones? not quite sure what you would get at $100 becuase im kinda shit at whats value though

i have the superlux hd668b and i only got them a few months ago, nothing bad with them, I dont see the point of replacing

Just now, Tantabus said:

What audio gear do you have? There are a lot of great upgrades you can buy for under $100.

hd668b superlux

1 minute ago, DrThots said:

i have the superlux hd668b and i only got them a few months ago, nothing bad with them, I dont see the point of replacing

ok, what about a tablet? you can find used 8"-10" once with ok specs for real cheap here, great if you watch a lot of video and dont want to start your computer every time you want to watch youtube

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

ok, what about a tablet? you can find used 8"-10" once with ok specs for real cheap here, great if you watch a lot of video and dont want to start your computer every time you want to watch youtube

i have a phone with good specs, the huawei mate 10 and im basically almost on my computer every day as i have nothing else to do

Just now, DrThots said:

i have a phone with good specs, the huawei mate 10 and im basically almost on my computer every day as i have nothing else to do

nice CPU/GPU cooler?

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

nice CPU/GPU cooler?

its pretty good. Im not into liquid cooling, too much hassle

1 minute ago, DrThots said:

fap fap fap game

It'll sound silly, but a mouse bungie to keep your mouse cable from dragging helped me a lot.

Do you have any available fan slots in your case? Cooler components will last long/allow for more overclocking

Just now, Tantabus said:

It'll sound silly, but a mouse bungie to keep your mouse cable from dragging helped me a lot.

Do you have any available fan slots in your case? Cooler components will last long/allow for more overclocking

I dont see much use for a mouse bungee, my setup is fine without it. I'd rather have something that is more useful 

Builds:

Spoiler

The Elgato Streamdeck Mini is on sale for $80(on amazon). Its super useful even if you only use it to launch programs.

Just now, Tantabus said:

The Elgato Streamdeck Mini is on sale for $80(on amazon). Its super useful even if you only use it to launch programs.

80 for something i could do myself so much easier, its like giving a disabled man crutches  and then adding a pair of gloves on the handle

2 minutes ago, Tantabus said:

image.png.a211c25b7888dfbafa942053b3c713b2.pngthis is my setup