Very powerful flashlight?

iLostMyXbox21

So since I’m in high school and there is a lot of drama and people making threats, I kinda want a really strong flashlight just in case somebody decides to shoot my school to either blind or disorient the shooter, ik, flashlight vs gun, not a good match but at least it’s better then just sitting there ?‍♂️So I need a flashlight that can temporarily (or permanently) blind, or disorient the shooter as a distraction. Something that can fit in my book bag, not weigh mutch, and I don’t really care if it is rechargeable since i won’t use it unless I have to... however I need it to be bright enough to have an affect in the school with all the lights on. Preferably not over $50 but I will go over if I have to

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

If you want something stupidly powerfull.

Order a couple of batteries online. Grab a couple of powerful LED bulbs. 

Get some metal to aircool them. Wire it all together with a switch and you Have something that turns night into the Saharan desert.

Im more concerned over the fact that you are in a situation to consider this........

3 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

So since I’m in high school and there is a lot of drama and people making threats, I kinda want a really strong flashlight just in case somebody decides to shoot my school to either blind or disorient the shooter, ik, flashlight vs gun, not a good match but at least it’s better then just sitting there ?‍♂️So I need a flashlight that can temporarily (or permanently) blind, or disorient the shooter as a distraction. Something that can fit in my book bag, not weigh mutch, and I don’t really care if it is rechargeable since i won’t use it unless I have to... however I need it to be bright enough to have an affect in the school with all the lights on. Preferably not over $50 but I will go over if I have to

wow never heard that before. ok idk exact product but for stunning what you want is random strobing.

the brightest light aint gonna help long because the eye gets used to it. thats why stun lights strobe (turn on and off) at random timing. i mean in the 100s millisecond area its not like its gonna visibly turn off or anthing.

almost every light strobes. its called frequency. but most normal light hve a specific constant frequency and taht usually so how that you wont notice.

but if you film it it sometimes show up on camera similiar to how a monitor or tv looks on camera.

so for stunning that frequency is much lower and more importantly randomized.

meaning the brain cant get used to it and is constantly trying to adjust causing headache.

not sure if there are ready product out there that are affordable (usually military/police use) but you could do that for example with a pi nano, a bright led and a powerbank or better yet a coule of 18650 batteries ,  theyre cheap-ish and can handle higher ampere/voltage than a normal powerbank. dont know how compact you could get that though and bright leds need cooling but for short bursts that might be fine i guess idk.

tldr:

brightness is not as important as randomness in the strobing frequency

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

15 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

If you want something stupidly powerfull.

Order a couple of batteries online. Grab a couple of powerful LED bulbs. 

Get some metal to aircool them. Wire it all together with a switch and you Have something that turns night into the Saharan desert.

Im more concerned over the fact that you are in a situation to consider this........

Where would I get LEDs bright enough?

16 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

anyone suggesting lasers to you should be ignored, unless you want to deal with the law in your area

also don't be that guy recreationally. don't fuck with people's vision even if you're not a car.

also also if you have to treat your light-tube as if it were a weapon, I'd question the use of it as if it were an actual weapon.

(also also also good way to get randomly shot at, especially with a crowded room. or if the dude's clever enough to shoot at the source of the light)

Well my hope is just to block out his front vision (like if you look at a bright light and in front of you looks fuzzy for a few minutes) except I want enough time to be able to run. 

15 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

wow never heard that before. ok idk exact product but for stunning what you want is random strobing.

the brightest light aint gonna help long because the eye gets used to it. thats why stun lights strobe (turn on and off) at random timing. i mean in the 100s millisecond area its not like its gonna visibly turn off or anthing.

almost every light strobes. its called frequency. but most normal light hve a specific constant frequency and taht usually so how that you wont notice.

but if you film it it sometimes show up on camera similiar to how a monitor or tv looks on camera.

so for stunning that frequency is much lower and more importantly randomized.

meaning the brain cant get used to it and is constantly trying to adjust causing headache.

not sure if there are ready product out there that are affordable (usually military/police use) but you could do that for example with a pi nano, a bright led and a powerbank or better yet a coule of 18650 batteries ,  theyre cheap-ish and can handle higher ampere/voltage than a normal powerbank. dont know how compact you could get that though and bright leds need cooling but for short bursts that might be fine i guess idk.

tldr:

brightness is not as important as randomness in the strobing frequency

Would maybe a triple burst with a short break in between each burst work good? Maybe like 1 second in between each?

9 minutes ago, N1tro199 said:

I feel like while distracting the shooter, that would also indicate your position and entice him to shoot you...

I mean, whatever happens happens, i just wanna keep as many people from getting shot without shooting back (cause then I’ll be in trouble for bringing a gun to school) but if I get shot, oh well

2 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Where would I get LEDs bright enough?

Hobby websites, ebay, etc.

Look up some diy solutions, they are generally the same. Youtube is allways nice for this sort of thing

Then I would suggest, widest beam possible, to block out most of his vision, and a strobe function. Most ebay flashlight above 15-20k lumens should do the job. They are mostly rechargable  and around 50$. They also, usually, have the strobe feature.

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Hobby websites, ebay, etc.

Look up some diy solutions, they are generally the same. Youtube is allways nice for this sort of thing

1 minute ago, N1tro199 said:

Then I would suggest, widest beam possible, to block out most of his vision, and a strobe function. Most ebay flashlight above 15-20k lumens should do the job. They are mostly rechargable  and around 50$. They also, usually, have the strobe feature.

Okay thank you both, I will look into it as soon as I get home (I am about to take a test so I have to go as of now) but I will look into them and get back here with what I found so I can be told if they are good or no

7 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Would maybe a triple burst with a short break in between each burst work good? Maybe like 1 second in between each?

i mean you try it out on yourself but i was talking randomness. as in a chip randomizes the frequency. 

also there are apps for your phone out there that strobe (if be it not random) using the flashlight led some even let you use the whole screen by turning brightness way up and then switching between complete black and complete white screen and depending on your phone model (some have brighter displays than others) that might be enough? idk 

if you really wanna make sure your opponent doesnt know where he is or even what year it is build something like this and make it strobe randomly

not compact but it doesnt get much brighter than this ...except maybe...

again not really compact but if make those strobe ...

but as mentioned before i really dont recommend you play the the hero in that kind of situation plus if you abuse this kind of hardware casually you will get into trouble

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

13 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

i mean you try it out on yourself but i was talking randomness. as in a chip randomizes the frequency. 

also there are apps for your phone out there that strobe (if be it not random) using the flashlight led some even let you use the whole screen by turning brightness way up and then switching between complete black and complete white screen and depending on your phone model (some have brighter displays than others) that might be enough? idk 

if you really wanna make sure your opponent doesnt know where he is or even what year it is build something like this and make it strobe randomly

not compact but it doesnt get much brighter than this ...except maybe...

again not really compact but if make those strobe ...

but as mentioned before i really dont recommend you play the the hero in that kind of situation plus if you abuse this kind of hardware casually you will get into trouble

Can i have the links I don’t see embedded videos for some reason

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

OP, I don't think I can trust you with whatever's going on in this thread. gonna have to be blunt here.

Because?

1 minute ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Because?

i see his point this could also be used to be mweaponized if your yourself were to be planning some sort of attack

Just now, cluelessgenius said:

i see his point this could also be used to be mweaponized if your yourself were to be planning some sort of attack

True lol