2 in 1 laptop recommendation

Go to solution Solved by GiantEvilPig,
1 hour ago, Tree_tt said:

why are they only good with internet

They need internet to run. If you are only using for say chrome, they are great. You can also pick one up for only a few hundred USD. But they suck at anything else. But with your budget, don't even consider one. You should go with a Lenovo Yoga 730. Is a super great laptop, in fact it is my main driver. What ever model you get has an m.2 ssd (super fast storage) and 2 thunder bolt 3 ports. They are like USB C on steroids. Is also got pen support, which I take advantage of. The 1080p touch screen is a little saturated, but can easily be tuned down. If you have any questions about it, just ask! Here is a link: https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Yoga-720-Touch-i5-8250U/dp/B076V6DPZN/ref=sr_1_8?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1545405518&sr=1-8&keywords=Lenovo+yoga+730

i am helping my brother pick a new laptop and i need help as laptops isn't really my thing. he wants too use for entertainment when doing FIFO 

budget:800-1000 AUD  (570-700 USD) 

needs to be 2 in 1

good 1080p display 

8GB of ram would be nice

128 gb storage (needs to be SSD or similar)

he is using it for movies, videos, internet browsing.

usb type A would be nice

note. he has been looking at chrome books are they are good option? i know they are very week in performance but i figured he doesn't need much anyway.

thanks

Chromebooks are only good when you have access to the internet. For the budget range of 570-700 USD, go for a midrange Dell or HP 2-in-1 that is 13.3". There are plenty of 2-in-1s out there in this price bracket.  

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

53 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Chromebooks are only good when you have access to the internet. For the budget range of 570-700 USD, go for a midrange Dell or HP 2-in-1 that is 13.3". There are plenty of 2-in-1s out there in this price bracket.  

1 hour ago, Tree_tt said:

They need internet to run. If you are only using for say chrome, they are great. You can also pick one up for only a few hundred USD. But they suck at anything else. But with your budget, don't even consider one. You should go with a Lenovo Yoga 730. Is a super great laptop, in fact it is my main driver. What ever model you get has an m.2 ssd (super fast storage) and 2 thunder bolt 3 ports. They are like USB C on steroids. Is also got pen support, which I take advantage of. The 1080p touch screen is a little saturated, but can easily be tuned down. If you have any questions about it, just ask! Here is a link: https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Yoga-720-Touch-i5-8250U/dp/B076V6DPZN/ref=sr_1_8?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1545405518&sr=1-8&keywords=Lenovo+yoga+730

Any preference on weight, battery life and display size? Need good sRGB display?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128