What or who do you think killed the British car industry?

3 Lions
5 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

The british car industry.

This thread peaked early.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

32 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

3rd world countries because of cheap labor!

I doubt it was this, for a brief period Nissan produced the Austin A40 and Austin A50 under license but this was well before the troubles started. Apart from the British Motor Corporation (Australia) / Leyland Motor Corporation of Australia and Ashok Leyland, BMC/BL never built plants in different countries. This is more relevant now as MG is fully Chinese owned (SAIC) and their cars are now only produced in China. 

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Piers Morgan

The cunt

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

3 hours ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:
4 hours ago, Canada EH said:

3rd world countries because of cheap labor!

I doubt it was this

How can you doubt cheap labor makes companies want cheap labor, cuts out big unions! large hourly rates, pensions, insurance, building codes, worker protections, workers compensation, health care benefits, safety programs, safety officers, hazardous waste removal costs, specialized equipment to keep workers safe.

Because the world doesn't need the UK to make cars,  it's the same in Australia,  wee are unnecessary and car manufacturers are global entities.

With the U.K being so close to France and Germany and shipping from japan being so cheap it meant your industry fell faster than ours.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.