Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GPu performing really badly, along with cpu.

Kvahuest

I dont really understand this so ill try to explain it to best of my knowledge. games are running terrably on 1080p, i get around 60fps for gtav. 80 for rainbow six siege, ive seen this set up play both of these games in 4k with 60 fps so i dont know why its doing really badly. heres the user benchmark result

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/13089283

thats all i can explain from my knowledge.

Just now, That_Dutch_Guy said:

New build?

What case are you using? 

What are temperatures like?

build is just under a month old now, im using the corsair 460x rgb, temps are fine, cpu hardly goes above 40c gpu varys depending on game but never goes above 60c

you're not running those games from that external drive right?

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Just now, aezakmi said:

you're not running those games from that external drive right?

yea....

4 minutes ago, Kvahuest said:

build is just under a month old now, im using the corsair 460x rgb, temps are fine, cpu hardly goes above 40c gpu varys depending on game but never goes above 60c

Set your PC's power plan to high performance and see what happens.

And I've noticed that XMP isn't turned on, so your RAM is running at 2133MHz instead of 3000MHz.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Just now, r2724r16 said:

Set your PC's power plan to high performance and see what happens

already done that

1 minute ago, Kvahuest said:

yea....

found the problem then

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Just now, aezakmi said:

found the problem then

dont have money for a new ssd, the hdd is a WD black  so idk if its good for gaming.

2 minutes ago, Kvahuest said:

dont have money for a new ssd, the hdd is a WD black  so idk if its good for gaming.

never said anything about an SSD

you could take the hard drive out of the external enclosure and plug it directly into your computer, it'll be way more fast

4 minutes ago, Kvahuest said:

5400RPM, and also 98% full. Definitely not optimal.

Acer Nitro 5

Just now, aezakmi said:

you could take the hard drive out of the external enclosure and plug it directly into your computer, it'll be way more fast

and how would i do that??? will my old pc with my win10 retail on flag my current pc or no?

Just now, Tobimaru said:

its not 98% full its a 4tb...

Just now, Tobimaru said:

98% full

thats most likely the biggest problem about the hard drive...

4 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

also its says my ram is clocked at 2133 or something like that when its meant to be 3000 or 2666

1 minute ago, Tobimaru said:

I've used 5400RPM drives to run games and they aren't near of being THAT bad, problem here is the USB interface not the drive itself

2 minutes ago, Kvahuest said:

and how would i do that??? will my old pc with my win10 retail on flag my current pc or no?

what old pc?

I take the OS in you current build is installed in the SSD? in that case you'd just need to take the hard drive out of the enclosure (maybe using a screwdriver) and connect it to your motherboard using a SATA cable

Just now, aezakmi said:

I've used 5400RPM drives to run games and they aren't near of being THAT bad, problem here is the USB interface not the drive itself

what old pc?

I take the OS in you current build is installed in the SSD? in that case you'd just need to take the hard drive out of the enclosure (maybe using a screwdriver) and connect it to your motherboard using a SATA cable

wouldnt i need to wipe it first so the win10 doesnt conflict?

1 minute ago, Kvahuest said:

wouldnt i need to wipe it first so the win10 doesnt conflict?

that depends, if you don't want to reinstall everything that's inside you could just trick the boot manager into believing there's only one Windows 10 installed (the SSD one)

when you connect the drive and turn on the PC it might show there are two windows installed, boot from the first one, it'll likely be the one installed into the SSD

once it started go to: control panel - system - advanced options - startup and recovery

uncheck the "show operating systems list" option and accept the changes

optional: it the OS installed into the SSD ISN'T the first one on the boot list select it in the "default operating system" option in the same window

Just now, aezakmi said:

that depends, if you don't want to reinstall everything that's inside you could just trick the boot manager into believing there's only one Windows 10 installed (the SSD one)

when you connect the drive and turn on the PC it might show there are two windows installed, boot from the first one, it'll likely be the one installed into the SSD

once it started go to: control panel - system - advanced options - startup and recovery

uncheck the "show operating systems list" option and accept the changes

optional: it the OS installed into the SSD ISN'T the first one on the boot list select it in the "default operating system" option in the same window

it would be easier  for me to wipe the hdd first before i move it over, if my old pc isnt connected to the internet will it flag my current windows, its retail version 

1 hour ago, Kvahuest said:

it would be easier  for me to wipe the hdd first before i move it over, if my old pc isnt connected to the internet will it flag my current windows, its retail version 

wipe it then

4 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

wipe it then

So if the old pc isnt connected to the internet it wont flag my new one? 

Just now, Kvahuest said:

So if the old pc isnt connected to the internet it wont flag my new one? 

what old pc? nothing will happen if there are two different computers connected to the internet...

The old pc was a prebuilt and it had the retail windows on it so i used it in my new one to save my self some money, so would it flag the new one if i turned it on? It wouldnt be connected to the internet.

On 12/21/2018 at 12:01 AM, aezakmi said:

what old pc? nothing will happen if there are two different computers connected to the internet...

well i got the hdd in, in fact ists worse than the external drive

4 hours ago, Kvahuest said:

well i got the hdd in, in fact ists worse than the external drive

woah wait

you took a hard drive out of an old computer instead of taking it out of the external drive case?

that wasn't the idea, you should take the hard drive that's inside the ext case and put it inside your pc