Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does Windows 10 "HOME" restrict my apps?

I have been using a legit copy of Windows 10 Home for a while.

There have been some apps which crash without any notice (Although vegas showed an unmanaged exception for .NET)

Check out the problem description here - 

 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1002072-third-party-apps-like-photoshop-and-blender-crash-without-any-notice/?tab=comments#comment-12052052

 

Does anyone know why this is happening... I tried contacting Microsoft.... their solution worked, but after installing a few more apps the issue started all over again

 Link to Microsoft Answer - 

 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-like-photoshop-vegas-and-blender-crash/9d31f33d-8e2b-45b4-a2bf-e5a646f3fd56

 

"THIS PROBLEM IS NOT GETTING SOLVED AND IS ONE OF THE MOST HEAD BREAKING ISSUES I HAVE EVER SEEN"

Although, my last option is a format and get back to my semi-legit Windows 10 Pro......

Please help out LTT Community, I have a lot hope from your genius minds

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Windows 10 Home is definitely not your problem, that would be hilariously stupid of Microsoft.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // PSU Tier List // Bugs and Issues // Join Floatplane! // Join the LTT Official Discord //

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Windows 10 Home is definitely not your problem, that would be hilariously stupid of Microsoft.

What is the issue then, I'm really tired of this issue......

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Axebow said:

What is the issue then, I'm really tired of this issue......

I'm honestly not sure, I've never heard of this.

 

Did you try updating the .NET framework that gave you an error?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // PSU Tier List // Bugs and Issues // Join Floatplane! // Join the LTT Official Discord //

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you really want to spend the time doing it, you could install Windows on a separate partition and install just one of those apps to see if it even works. If it does, then there's an issue with your software configuration.

 

EDIT: You could also verify using a VM just to prove the app still works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/20/2018 at 10:38 AM, Crunchy Dragon said:

I'm honestly not sure, I've never heard of this.

 

Did you try updating the .NET framework that gave you an error?

It says, an updated version(4.7 NOT SURE) already exists....

Is it .NET error for sure though?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/20/2018 at 10:58 AM, M.Yurizaki said:

If you really want to spend the time doing it, you could install Windows on a separate partition and install just one of those apps to see if it even works. If it does, then there's an issue with your software configuration.

 

EDIT: You could also verify using a VM just to prove the app still works.

That's a great thought.... although it's a time consuming process...its great...thanks....

But what about the problem....That would just tell if my Windows 10 Home copy has errors, how to rectify that?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

No, Windows 10 Home doesn't go out of it's way to break or hinder functionality. It will simply not have features installed/available that are available on the more premium versions.

 

Your issue could be one of many, .NET issues can be hard to diagnose as it could be software, driver or hardware related to cause .NET to crash out.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Axebow said:

That's a great thought.... although it's a time consuming process...its great...thanks....

But what about the problem....That would just tell if my Windows 10 Home copy has errors, how to rectify that?

Most likely you have a software configuration problem. What I suggested was just to make sure the software even works on a clean environment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×