Streaming Build Discussion (didnt see a topic for live streaming so i thought this would be the best fit)

So i currently have a single PC setup for streaming and I've been able to hone in on my stream quality with much trial and error but to be able to push my stream to the next frontier i need to build a second PC and convert my current rig into my "stream PC" instead of my "gaming and streaming PC" (parts listed below).  

ASUS ROG STRIX X370-E Gaming Motherboard

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (non X, first generation) overclocked to 3.700 Ghz

ASUS ROG STRIC RX580 GPU (triple fan)

24Gbs of Corsair Vengeance LPX Ram at 3000 speed

Corsair RM850i PSU (could be wrong on exact name but you get what i'm saying) 

Coolermaster Masterbox PRO RGB case 

248g Samsung NVME SSD 

I'm looking to build an ATX Gaming machine using AMD seeing as i have enjoyed my experience with AMD thus far. (parts listed below) my main goal is to stream at 6-8k Bitrate at Medium CPU or similar GPU preset for the best quality without overheating the hell out of my system and having a smooth and enjoyable gaming experience without throttling. Looking to see what the community thinks of my choices and if they have any suggestions for parts swaps of any kind and thought process behind it. and FTR i'm going to be using and NDI setup (NO CAPTURE CARD) 

Fractal Design Meshify C (white) 

ASRock x470 Taichi AM4 MOBO

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-core (oc'd)        Thank you to "fasauceome" for reminding me, once the Ryzen 7 3600X comes out i will be getting that one regardless of what system i have) 

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 2 x 8 3200 speed 

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 270 Gaming OC          (2070 because NVME encoding on this card is superior to 1080ti without buying a $600 GPU) 

Corsair RM850X (white) PSU

4 X Corair LL120 RGB fans (with controller) 

Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB 360mm AIO 

Samsung 960EVO M.2 500GB NVMe PCI-express SSD

(totaling as of this post just barely over $2,000.00 (with windows, yes i buy windows, i don't wana hear it LUL ) 

Edited by Connor_LindTV
fasauceome pointed out i said ITX instead of ATX

Parts?

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

There's a good chance you can just either upgrade your PC and use it for both streaming and gaming or sell your current rig that can both stream and game well.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Most streamers don't have two PCs. They one PC that they upgrade enough to support both gaming and streaming. That's what modern CPUs are meant for.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT | RAM: GSkill Trident Z DDR4 3600Mhz | PSU: ADATA Core Reactor 850W 80+ Gold | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C MONITOR: LG 32UL500-W 4K 60Hz, Gigabyte M27Q 1440p 165Hz

9 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

There's a good chance you can just either upgrade your PC and use it for both streaming and gaming or sell your current rig that can both stream and game well.

please see edited post because im a pleb and posted it without finishing on accident :)

10 minutes ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

Parts?

please see edited post because im a pleb and posted it without finishing on accident :)

Just now, Connor_LindTV said:

PCPartPicker list does just fine :)

Why not just throw a Ryzen 7 of the newest variety when Zen 2 drops? It'll be a beastly stream/game rig without the need for 2 towers. Toss in your 2070 as well.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

PCPartPicker list does just fine :)

Why not just throw a Ryzen 7 of the newest variety when Zen 2 drops? It'll be a beastly stream/game rig without the need for 2 towers. Toss in your 2070 as well.

i had meant to put that in the post as well, i will edit AGAIN but yes when the next generation comes out i have my eyes on the Ryzen 7 3700X 

i had meant to put that in the post as well, i will edit AGAIN but yes when the next generation comes out i have my eyes on the Ryzen 7 3700X 

If for whatever reason you're dead set on ITX, I'll kindly refer you to my bio B).

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

If for whatever reason you're dead set on ITX, I'll kindly refer you to my bio B).

sorry im at work so i kinda half assed the post but its ATX not ITX (see edit and reason) 

sorry im at work so i kinda half assed the post but its ATX not ITX (see edit and reason) 

Ah ok. In that case there's no reason to switch, just buy the best Ryzen CPU from the top of next year and go nuts.

Primary PC:

14 minutes ago, Krosis said:

Most streamers don't have two PCs. They one PC that they upgrade enough to support both gaming and streaming. That's what modern CPUs are meant for.

not once you get to a particular quality of stream, my stream looks great for 720p60 but to hit 180p60 i have to increase my preset to fastest vs medium and the quality is actually must worse even at 1080p

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Ah ok. In that case there's no reason to switch, just buy the best Ryzen CPU from the top of next year and go nuts.

sounds like a plan LUL

1 minute ago, Finwillwin said:

I would sell your other PC and get Threadripper if you are going to stream.

Threadripper is not really meant for gaming, so I don't think it would be optimal. 2700X is a better idea, imo

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT | RAM: GSkill Trident Z DDR4 3600Mhz | PSU: ADATA Core Reactor 850W 80+ Gold | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C MONITOR: LG 32UL500-W 4K 60Hz, Gigabyte M27Q 1440p 165Hz

7 minutes ago, Finwillwin said:

Well, if it for streaming I think the high core count may benefit gaming due to a lack of stress on like 6 certain cores.

its more about clock speed than just brute cores

2 minutes ago, Connor_LindTV said:

its more about clock speed than just brute cores

one more thing to add @Finwillwin and @Krosis is that im getting the 2070 because of the onboard NVME encoder that doesn't hinder CPU or GPU performance on the 2000 series vs the 1000 series 

1 hour ago, Connor_LindTV said:

one more thing to add @Finwillwin and @Krosis is that im getting the 2070 because of the onboard NVME encoder that doesn't hinder CPU or GPU performance on the 2000 series vs the 1000 series 

Do you mean NVENC encoder?

Just now, Krosis said:

Do you mean NVENC encoder?

yes im sorry i do lol my bad, like i said im at work so my mind isnt 100% there 

yes im sorry i do lol my bad, like i said im at work so my mind isnt 100% there 

That's okay. If that's your deciding factor between an RTX 2070 vs (let's say) a GTX 1080, I would say go for the cheaper one. Because the thing is, NVENC is good, but it is more useful when you don't have a high-core count modern CPU. Considering that you are thinking about Ryzen 3, I think we can safely assume they have enough juice to encode reliably without getting bogged down.

Choose the best bang-for-buck GPU, not because RTX has NVENC.

1 minute ago, Krosis said:

That's okay. If that's your deciding factor between an RTX 2070 vs (let's say) a GTX 1080, I would say go for the cheaper one. Because the thing is, NVENC is good, but it is more useful when you don't have a high-core count modern CPU. Considering that you are thinking about Ryzen 3, I think we can safely assume they have enough juice to encode reliably without getting bogged down.

Choose the best bang-for-buck GPU, not because RTX has NVENC.

fair enough, ill let you know what i end up doing