Steam region change

Scorpio 72472
Go to solution Solved by tikker,
On 12/19/2018 at 2:53 PM, Scorpio 72472 said:

I'll only get a cooldown. Nowhere it's written that I'll get banned

Depending on the use case, you may. You can update it in the account details.

From the subscriber agreement, however (https://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/#3

You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, Valve may terminate your access to your Account.

and

From Steam Support:

Your store country must be set to the country where you currently reside and you must have a local payment method you can use to make purchases.

So if you moved to a different country for a while, then there is no harm in doing it. If you try to do it because you can buy a game cheaper somewhere else (which for some reason I assumed in this case, apologies if not), then they can reprimand you for it.

You can't. It checks your IP where you are and circumventing it can get you banned last time I checked.

You could try here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6627-QSNM-5276

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

On 12/19/2018 at 2:53 PM, Scorpio 72472 said:

I'll only get a cooldown. Nowhere it's written that I'll get banned

From the subscriber agreement, however (https://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/#3

You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, Valve may terminate your access to your Account.

and

From Steam Support:

Your store country must be set to the country where you currently reside and you must have a local payment method you can use to make purchases.

So if you moved to a different country for a while, then there is no harm in doing it. If you try to do it because you can buy a game cheaper somewhere else (which for some reason I assumed in this case, apologies if not), then they can reprimand you for it.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 6:36 PM, tikker said:

and

Yeah it's pretty much for getting games at cheap

1 hour ago, Scorpio 72472 said:

Yeah it's pretty much for getting games at cheap

It's one of those things you never really hear of, but do you really want to risk it?