Preventin gphone app from updating in android

mr moose

I have a nokia 3, for the most part it is quite good for a low budget phone.  However the phone app keeps having problems with google play services.  It cause it to loop the notification sound and askes me to change permissions for google play services. 

When I go to the app management and uninstall the latest update for the the phone app, this problem goes away, but it automatically updates and brings the problem back.  Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent the phone app from updating?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

19 minutes ago, mr moose said:

updating

Set updates to be manual, not auto.

It's somewhere (android keeps changing this around version to version, so I can't be specific) in the settings, possibly under security

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

On 12/19/2018 at 9:14 PM, Radium_Angel said:

Set updates to be manual, not auto.

It's somewhere (android keeps changing this around version to version, so I can't be specific) in the settings, possibly under security

Yep, I found it in the googleplaystore hamburger settings when looking at the phone app page (why there of all places?).  Surely it a setting in google play services or under the app settings menu would be more appropriate?

Seems to have done the trick, thank you.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

7 hours ago, mr moose said:

Yep, I found it in the googleplaystore hamburger settings when looking at the phone app page (why there of all places?).  Surely it a setting in google play services or under the app settings menu would be more appropriate?

Seems to have done the trick, thank you.

You are most welcome. And I agree it would make more sense, but Google seems to like shifting things around for the heck of it...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.