Remote access of media

Hello everyone

I am currently looking for a free way to access my files from home, on an android device. Basically, I want to access video files, movies etc, on my pc at home, whilst I'm out and about. 

Can anyone point me in the direction of free, not paid, solutions? Preferably that they have used. Most of the stuff I can find is where I need to be on the same network, or are data capped. 

Thanks in advance. 

If you want something good and reliable you'll have to pay something. I would highly suggest Plex myself and have used it for years so I can say it was well worth the lifetime pass purchase. You can use it for free and buy the mobile app separately for a few bucks.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Yeah it's not going to be used often enough to warrant buying anything. That's the problem. 

Okay, I bit the bullet and went with Plex Play only thing on my phone. Only 3 quid, and boy! Was i pleased i did! 

Well seems I'm too late - but if you have chrome on your phone, Plex works just fine over the browser lol. Though the app is easier to use, welcome to plex.