Vp9 hardware requirements 4k/60fps

yolimtx

Hey there,
I'm using my old computer as home theater PC, and for some games in my free time but I have this issue with youtube videos. The computer can handle everything UHD content and every load I use but when I go to watch something in youtube nothing beyond 1080p/60 plays well... So i read every possible post about this problem and did not have the 
answer what I need to change in my rig to watch 4k content in youtube. 
my system specs: 
AMD A10-7700K Cpu
Nvidia 570GTX Gpu
16Gb ddr3 hyperx fury ram
1Tb SSD
MSI A78M motherboard

So for what I understand I need a Pascal video card or a powerful CPU, so If I get a GTX1060 video card it will be ok? Or I need to get a new system?  The thing is that this system is usable for me and I am on a small budget for pc parts.

Best regards

The cool thing about PC building is that you can do some upgrades slowly. You could get a GPU and if it isn't perfect, get the rest of the computer upgraded.

As for 4k working best on Pascal, I'm pretty sure you will be fine with any modern GPU. Even modern iGPUs in laptops can view YT videos in 4k.

What is your case.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

The idea is that I don't want to build a new computer, and will the new GPU offload the CPU for this purpose? If not I'll just buy new APU like Ryzen 5 2400G, but this mens new ram, new motherboard and it is more expensive.I want to be the most low cost problem solution.

• 1 month later...

Well it is SOLVED... Just buy used asus rtx 570 from a mining rig and everything works just fine, CPU sits on 60-80% gpu on 15-20% not even bothering to start the fans up...