JBL Studio 230 too much for gaming?

CAPTAIN FUNGUS

I'm getting a new desk this upcoming week and was looking at some speakers to add to the new set up. I know that these JBL speakers may be too much just for gaming but I really want some speakers that can satisfy my gaming and music craze:). 

Any other suggestions are very welcomed!!!! "i have a gaming headset but want some dedicated speakers for my single player games".

I have a friend with this unit and he loves it.  The bass never gets lost no matter how high you crank it.  These are more for if you wanna produce music or in a studio settings.  As for gaming it will do fine, but don't expect exaggerated highs and mids and bass.  It will sound clean and sorta how the artist wants you to hear it.  good luck 300 bucks for pair 

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

3 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

I have a friend with this unit and he loves it.  The bass never gets lost no matter how high you crank it.  These are more for if you wanna produce music or in a studio settings.  As for gaming it will do fine, but don't expect exaggerated highs and mids and bass.  It will sound clean and sorta how the artist wants you to hear it.  good luck 300 bucks for pair 

any speaker you can recommend? besides JBL:).

45 minutes ago, CAPTAIN FUNGUS said:

any speaker you can recommend? besides JBL:).

Here are 2 links to Pro Media 2.1 THX or Logitech 2.1 THX.  My old man has the Logitech ones and they scream pretty loud, haven't really tested the bass but its solid Im sure.  Twenty years ago I used Klipsch 4.1 then passed on to my old man since I didn't need them anymore.  They sound excellent and I highly recommend them.   The link is a new gen version.  Klipsch makes speakers for theaters like 70 percent of them.  

Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 THX

Logitech 2.1 speakers THX

My old man has a pair of these and they get really loud.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

If you can find a pair, I would recommend the wharfedale diamond 220.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Have a look at wharefedale, or klipsch, or yamaha, or edifier - what happens to be your budget?

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

3 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Have a look at wharefedale, or klipsch, or yamaha, or edifier - what happens to be your budget?

$200-$300 i can push a little further but no more than $500

8 hours ago, CAPTAIN FUNGUS said:

wharfedale diamond 220's are very good, not sure how much they are in the US but in the UK they go for about £160.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

https://www.amazon.com/KEF-Q150-Bookshelf-Speakers-Black-x/dp/B071P6KQZX/ref=sr_1_28?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1544891142&sr=1-28&keywords=bookshelf+speakers - check these out, you will need an external amp though. But KEF make really good stuff.

15 hours ago, CAPTAIN FUNGUS said:

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

On 12/14/2018 at 5:43 AM, Turtle Rig said:

If everything is exaggerated, nothing is :P

As for speaker suggestions, I could also suggest the LSR305 from same. They're more bassy than either of the larger driver versions, and they're tuned for a slightly more fun sound than flat. Depending on what gear you may or may not have, the fact that they're powered speakers may be nice. I personally like it because it means I don't have to keep my receiver on my desk anymore. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)