PC not restarting unless cut the power for about 10 minutes.

sdw123

Hi, I'm so confused about this situation. My PC can't power on again or restart from OS after shutting down. But power on normally if I cut the power from the wall and keep 10 minutes.

I used another motherboard. but same result. I'm using Seasonic X650 . So not sure it's a PS fault. Any solution than replacing the PCU.

6 minutes ago, sdw123 said:

Hi, I'm so confused about this situation. My PC can't power on again or restart from OS after shutting down. But power on normally if I cut the power from the wall and keep 10 minutes.

I used another motherboard. but same result. I'm using Seasonic X650 . So not sure it's a PS fault. Any solution than replacing the PCU.

Do you have anything overclocked?

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

1 minute ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

Do you have anything overclocked?

VGA is overclocked. But same results even using onboard gpu.

Does your PSU Fan work? I could be tripping a thermal limit.

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

1 minute ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

Does your PSU Fan work? I could be tripping a thermal limit.

Yes. I don't think it related with temperature. Even I powered on after many hours and just turned off , same results. And no any difference even worked 24 hours.

i don't want to be dense about this, but are you SURE it's not a thermal issue? 
I ask because the 10 min. downtime is weird and sounds a lot like a cool-down time...

How about the cpu cooler? is it working OK? Did you replace the thermal paste when you switched MoBos?

20 minutes ago, sdw123 said:

My PC can't power on again or restart from OS after shutting down.

What does that mean?

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

2 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

What does that mean?

By restarting, shutdown or turn off using power switch, I can't power on again unless cut the power from the wall and keep for about 10 minutes.

3 minutes ago, AdroG23 said:

i don't want to be dense about this, but are you SURE it's not a thermal issue? 
I ask because the 10 min. downtime is weird and sounds a lot like a cool-down time...

How about the cpu cooler? is it working OK? Did you replace the thermal paste when you switched MoBos?

Yh. cuz

1) doesn't matter I restart or shutdown early in the morning for the first time of the day or after an 8 hour nonstop render problem is the same.

2) Can't power the pc even I stay hours, IF I didn't turn off the power from the wall.  ( so at this stage pc is turned off. But power keeps coming to the powersupply.

also yp. I reapplied thermal paste and cpu/gpu tempreture neven go over over 50C (122F) .

wait... so, no matter the time or if you used or not the pc before the same day, BEFORE being able to turn the pc on you need to UNPLUG the PSU from the wall for at least 10 min (give or take) am i correct?

14 minutes ago, AdroG23 said:

wait... so, no matter the time or if you used or not the pc before the same day, BEFORE being able to turn the pc on you need to UNPLUG the PSU from the wall for at least 10 min (give or take) am i correct?

exactly. ?

you know, my dad's car had an issue quite like this, you had to put it in "contact" and wait for EXACTLY one minute before you could start the engine. 
It turned out to be an electrical problem. So, while i'm not saying it is THE SAME since we're talking pcs and not cars, it does sound oddly similar. My money is on faulty PSU, not thermals but circuit wise. Do you have a spare PSU to check this?

10 minutes ago, AdroG23 said:

you know, my dad's car had an issue quite like this, you had to put it in "contact" and wait for EXACTLY one minute before you could start the engine. 
It turned out to be an electrical problem. So, while i'm not saying it is THE SAME since we're talking pcs and not cars, it does sound oddly similar. My money is on faulty PSU, not thermals but circuit wise. Do you have a spare PSU to check this?

Sadly no. I'm also guessing it's an electrical problem. I'm affraid of buying a new PSU since in here 

some says they replaced mb and psu , but still having the issue.

1 hour ago, sdw123 said:

By restarting, shutdown or turn off using power switch, I can't power on again unless cut the power from the wall and keep for about 10 minutes.

Why can't you? What's stopping you? Do you get electrocuted? We need details.

What happens when you press the button? Does it not turn on? Does it turn on and immediately off? Does a motherboard show an error code? Have you made any hardware changes besides testing different board?

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

42 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

Why can't you? What's stopping you? Do you get electrocuted? We need details.

What happens when you press the button? Does it not turn on? Does it turn on and immediately off? Does a motherboard show an error code? Have you made any hardware changes besides testing different board?

Nothing happens after pressing the power button. No. Already changed motherboard and graphic cards.  This must be a similar situation.

I know this is probably wrong, but try taking the CMOS battery out for 5-10 min

hi

9 minutes ago, germgoatz said:

I know this is probably wrong, but try taking the CMOS battery out for 5-10 min

Already tried that.  But thanks anyway. :)