MacBook Air 2018 – A PC Guy's Perspective

AlexTheGreatish

Come on LTT, what is this for a half arsed review?

-You can show apps side to side with a button press, and if that's not good enough for you, Mac users usually use the multiple virtual desktops thing windows also has. How do I k-now this? Googling for 2 mins. There is no excuse for you not to do that.

- I'm  not sure if you even tested workloads on this laptop. Saying anything about multitasking, the dual core or the battery life is almost meaningless if you can't compare it to something. 

- Show us more testing of for instance the sound, or overall startup time of apps compared to similar workloads on windows.

- Don't overdo the B roll footage. Those are 2 beautiful women, and they are sure nice to look at, but in the end, we are here to judge the Macbook air. Unless they come with the package, then sign me up. 

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

7 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

If you are reffering to the Matebook i can say: yes that is a veeery similar laptop to the Macbook, but they have certainly improved upon the design. 

Not just the MateBook, but also the various similar looking phones. Wouldn’t call it an improvement either 

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

Not just the MateBook, but also the various similar looking phones. Wouldn’t call it an improvement either 

P series which are quite similar have distinct features on their own. and they do improve on some aspects while loosing on other.

phones these days are so similar its hard to not follow a trend of sorts

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

P series which are quite similar have distinct features on their own. and they do improve on some aspects while loosing on other.

phones these days are so similar its hard to not follow a trend of sorts

We both know the only reason Apple haven't taken Huawei to court over these products is they know they can't win in China. 

We both know the only reason Apple haven't taken Huawei to court over these products is they know they can't win in China. 

that is very true. they probably wouldnt win in china, but you gotta admit that patent wars are pretty much mutually ashured destruction

But they can win elsewhere.

Then again Huawei is looking like they're on their way to being banned everywhere so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

24 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Then again Huawei is looking like they're on their way to being banned everywhere so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dont worry, scandinavian goverments wants to be friend with China and the Telecom companies have disregarded claims of spyware untill its more substansiated

I'll assume the Macbook Air throttles under full load even though it only has 2 cores. 

On 12/12/2018 at 9:21 PM, duncannah said:

I don't want the macOS UI getting degraded for a touchscreen like it happened to Windows. I have a touchscreen laptop and I don't see how it's not a gimmick.

i own a Windows tablet, i kinda bought it as an experiment, and i WAY prefer the touchpad of my MacBook over the touchscreen... and the UI of macOS is so much better than Windows for systems that don't have a touchscreen. 

She/Her

i watched this video a few times, and i kinda would like to see Apple products being reviewed from people who are more familiar with them....

like, the complaint of not having window snapping is incorrect. it's there. you can click and hold the green button or you fullscreen an app, then go into mission control and take the second app and drag it into the space fo the first one. 

also, the iPhone - MacBook combo part of the review left out a LOT of things. icloud drive and the advantages of that, which include keynote, numbers and pages documents being synced to the iPhone apps, are pretty nice to have in my opinion... 

and last but not least, the price argument... like if you don't want it to be very expensive don't spec it with a 1.5TB SSD... just why.... it feels to me like LTT buys specific SKU's of Apple products not many people buy, so they can say how expensive it is. 

She/Her

On 12/13/2018 at 6:09 PM, Markmjb said:

-You can show apps side to side with a button press, and if that's not good enough for you, Mac users usually use the multiple virtual desktops thing windows also has. How do I k-now this? Googling for 2 mins. There is no excuse for you not to do that.

yeah Mission Control is awesome. swiping between the desktops with 3 fingers, and even being able to stop at any point to just glance at the other app or virtual desktop is SO awesome! how they didn't mention this is beyond me... 

She/Her