HP Laptop User Fan Control

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there really is absolutely no way for HP notebooks to be tricked into running their fans at higher speeds a bit more often?

For some dumb reason HP has long been extremely hostile to user-defined fan speeds. I've read up on this older way of getting HP laptop fans to work the way you want them to: http://notebookequus.blogspot.com/2008/09/patching-dsdt-table.html However I cannot find the program needed for it advertised in the thing. I would need 'disquus.' 

Another way would be using the Microsoft ASL Compiler 3.0 which I can't find online either (http://eddietse.blogspot.com/2008/03/patching-dsdt-table-for-8510p-to-reduce.html).

So, other than installing another bios and as such destroying my warranty, is there no way to get an HP laptop to ramp up its fan speeds? Apparently the Omen line has an option for that, but my Spectre x360 13 inch (late 2017) does not.

I tried opening up the laptop to repaste it but one of the damned battery screws would not work with any screwdriver on this earth. Extremely tightly screwed in; for some reason the other screw of the exact same size and type on the battery worked fine though. I don't want to scuff the screws too much or else if I have to send it in for warranty they might raise a fuss. And so my only real option is increasing fan speeds. 

Any help would be hugely appreciated! Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Caius Filimon said:

-snip-

Any reason you want to change fan speed? Why not just buy a cooling pad?

CPU i7 8700k MB  Asrock Z370 Killer SLI/ac GPU EVGA GTX1060 6 GB RAM 16GB DDR4 Gskill Ripjaw 3200 Mhz PSU EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+Storage 1x1TB WD Blue + 250GB WD Blue M.2 CASE Fractal design define C

7 hours ago, Rex_G said:

Any reason you want to change fan speed? Why not just buy a cooling pad?

Because the cooling vents of the laptop at the bottom are tiny and cooling pads have not helped so far. Besides, the shit BIOS just stops the fans from working if the cpu is at a 'low' temperature (80 degrees) so I'm likely not getting any cooling boosts only laptop fan lifespan boost. 

This garbage 1.5k machine gets to 80 Celsius while using chrome so I'd like it to stay a bit cooler given its cost. 

The only things that work are vacuum coolers but they are very annoying due to not allowing screen tilt (back of the laptop vents) 

And i cant take it apart to repaste it either.