Prime95 blend only using 25% of the ram?

Go to solution Solved by Ace McPlane,

Figured it out.

you need to do a custom test and manually enter how much ram you want to test. I just did that and set the min an max fft’s to 12. 

All done now.

I just noticed that the blend test in prime95 only maxed out at 25% ram usage even after 16 hours.

I'm using version 26.6 since I have a 9700k.

Is this normal?

I thought I remembered blend using almost 100% of the ram during the blend test.

My ram overclock passes all other benchmarks and memtest86 so it's not a bad stick or anything.

45 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Are you sure you don't have the 32 bit version?

I'm pretty sure there's only a 64 bit version of 26.6.

Anyways, yes it's the 64 bit version. I'll check to make sure when I get home, but I'm 99% certain.

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

Are you sure you don't have the 32 bit version?

It’s the 64-bit version.

Just made sure.

In that case I don't really know what it could be, but if your memory passes memtest it should be fine. It's probably just a bug or something we're missing.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

14 hours ago, Sauron said:

In that case I don't really know what it could be, but if your memory passes memtest it should be fine. It's probably just a bug or something we're missing.

I actually just tried doing a prime95 test with the newest version, but turned off AVX workloads manually in the prime.txt file. Did the exact same thing. I'm just doing a mixed test with aida64 now instead and the memory is being fully used. Not sure how much this test will matter with the CPU running at 4.7 because of the AVX offset though. Prime95 and Aida64 really need to do updates for 9th gen processors :P

Thanks either way.

Figured it out.

you need to do a custom test and manually enter how much ram you want to test. I just did that and set the min an max fft’s to 12. 

All done now.