Steam on chromebook

Just wondering if there is a way to download steam on my Chromebook. Its the only portable computer i have. 

37 minutes ago, bigmouthbob1 said:

Just wondering if there is a way to download steam on my Chromebook. Its the only portable computer i have. 

If you have a Chromebook that supports CHrooting, you can install a regular Linux Distro on it, such as Ubuntu, then install Steam on that.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

11 minutes ago, kirashi said:

If you have a Chromebook that supports CHrooting, you can install a regular Linux Distro on it, such as Ubuntu, then install Steam on that.

Which chromebooks support that?

I have the Pixelbook. Would it work on that?

3 hours ago, DezGalbie said:

Which chromebooks support that?

I have the Pixelbook. Would it work on that?

I only know of one of the original Samsung Chromebooks from 2012? 2013? that could do it. You'll have to research if newer models can on your own, as I don't have a Chromebook at this time so I'm not bothering with the research.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)