New PC Help

bs17

Hello, I just finished building my first PC and just as I had been hoping and praying wouldn't happen the whole time I was building it... It won't boot up on the first start.  I have no idea what to do and am frustrated and nervous now that my 1500 dollars in computer parts arent working.  Please help

Also sorry I forgot to post this in the original post, but I have 1 fan with LED's that are on so I know that it is getting power.

I have an i7 8700k with an amd vega 64.  Nothing happens when I press the power button, power light doesn't even come on.  The only way I know that it is getting power is the fan led.

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

List of specs?

What does it do specifically when you press the power button?

Sorry I forgot to comment you when I responded.

1 hour ago, Happycowdance said:

does your mobo have an error code?

are all the cables plugged in?

Not sure what that is, nothing is displayed, the fans don't start running or anything.

Hi, does the computer doesn't power up at all when you press the power button? if it doesnt, maybe power switch wires are not connected correctly to the motherboard..

Also, how is the fan with the LED connected? is it bypassing the mobo and connected directly to the PSU..

and lastly are both power cables connected to the mobo? there are 2 wires coming from the PSU for power (usually) the 24 pin (or 20-pin) and a secondary 8-pin 12v (or 4-pin).

you might start checking if you are getting power to you rig and take it from there..

Spoiler

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz      Mobo: Asrock X-79 Extreme 4-M

Ram: G.SKILL TridentX Series 24GB             Graphics: Asus Turbo GTX 1080Ti 11GB SLI

Monitor: - Vizio M321i-A2 32", HP 27WM (x2) in Nvidia Surround 5760x1080  - Element E1SW2418M 1920x1080

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO LAN Box        HDD:Samsung 750 EVO SSD         PSU: Corsair AX1200i           Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K55 RGB Keyboard

Game Keyboard: Logitech G13 Joystick         Mouse: Logitech G602 Gaming Mouse       Headset: Logitech G633 Gaming Headset

1 minute ago, bs17 said:

I have an i7 8700k with an amd vega 64.  Nothing happens when I press the power button, power light doesn't even come on.  The only way I know that it is getting power is the fan led.

sounds like something isnt connected does your mobo light up (if it has lights)

2 minutes ago, bs17 said:

Not sure what that is, nothing is displayed, the fans don't start running or anything.

Ensure all your power connectors are properly inserted, try remounting all cpu power, motherboard power and pcie power.

Can you list specific specs? What case, power supply, motherboard, etc.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 hour ago, DarthSolidus said:

Hi, does the computer doesn't power up at all when you press the power button? if it doesnt, maybe power switch wires are not connected correctly to the motherboard..

Also, how is the fan with the LED connected? is it bypassing the mobo and connected directly to the PSU..

and lastly are both power cables connected to the mobo? there are 2 wires coming from the PSU for power (usually) the 24 pin (or 20-pin) and a secondary 8-pin 12v (or 4-pin).

you might start checking if you are getting power to you rig and take it from there..

Nothing happens when I press the power button, the power button light doesn't come on either.  The LED is connected to the mother board through one of the system fan connectors.  Yes I have the 24 pin and the 8 pin connnected.

1 hour ago, Happycowdance said:

sounds like something isnt connected does your mobo light up (if it has lights)

I'm not sure if it has lights, but there are not any lights on except for the fan led.

you most likely have the power wire connected the wrong way. I would re-check that. 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz      Mobo: Asrock X-79 Extreme 4-M

Ram: G.SKILL TridentX Series 24GB             Graphics: Asus Turbo GTX 1080Ti 11GB SLI

Monitor: - Vizio M321i-A2 32", HP 27WM (x2) in Nvidia Surround 5760x1080  - Element E1SW2418M 1920x1080

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO LAN Box        HDD:Samsung 750 EVO SSD         PSU: Corsair AX1200i           Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K55 RGB Keyboard

Game Keyboard: Logitech G13 Joystick         Mouse: Logitech G602 Gaming Mouse       Headset: Logitech G633 Gaming Headset

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

Ensure all your power connectors are properly inserted, try remounting all cpu power, motherboard power and pcie power.

Can you list specific specs? What case, power supply, motherboard, etc.

Yes, I have the bitfenix prodigy M with a Gigabyte H370M DS3H motherboard, a corsair AX70 psu, a bequite dark rock 4 16 gigs (2x8) ballistix ram and the fans that came with the case.

you most likely have the power wire connected the wrong way. I would re-check that. 

But then how would the fan LED be turning on if its connected to the motherboard.

1 minute ago, bs17 said:

But then how would the fan LED be turning on if its connected to the motherboard.

try replugging all of the cables and making sure that they are facing the correct direction 

it sounds like you miss connected something on the panel header...double check the pwr switch and reset switch are in the correct slot pins

good question, let me ask, the LED fan comes on when you press the power switch or is it always on?

Spoiler

Just now, DarthSolidus said:

good question, let me ask, the LED fan comes on when you press the power switch or is it always on?

It turns on when I flip the PSU from on to off

1 minute ago, bs17 said:

It turns on when I flip the PSU from on to off

you mean from off to on? and I really think, circeseye said, you should check the header connections. 

Spoiler

you mean from off to on? and I really think, circeseye said, you should check the header connections. 

Yes sorry that's what I meant.  Ok I will do that.

I think I just found the problem, I had the CPU cable plugged in upside down.  Will it have messed anything up having done so?  Or if I just flip it I should be good to go?

Got it all running now, and in the bio, thank you so much for your help.