Best Chiclet Keyboard? (alternative to the Razer Deathstalker.)

bluerubydragon
Go to solution Solved by GoldenLag,
3 minutes ago, bluerubydragon said:

And of course the Apple Magic Keyboard.

because premium is premium: Surface Keyboard

I'm looking for a new keyboard. The keys on the Deathstalker I currently have are becoming mushy and sometimes don't register.

Here are some of the keyboards I have found:
I have looked at the Tesoro Gram XS and seen issues with the spacebar being wobbly. Is this a concern?

The Azio mk-c is in limbo.

I recently found the Cougar Vantar, but buying something from an unknown company is always sketchy. Does anyone have any experience with this company before?

3 minutes ago, bluerubydragon said:

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

I completely didn't realize Microsoft make a version of that keyboard for desktop pcs. By any chance do you know the latency on that keyboard? 

8 minutes ago, bluerubydragon said:

I completely didn't realize Microsoft make a version of that keyboard for desktop pcs. By any chance do you know the latency on that keyboard? 

ive got no clue. i just tossed a suggestion in. i preffer mechanical myself

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

ive got no clue. i just tossed a suggestion in. i preffer mechanical myself

I would prefer mechanical but I like really low profile keyboards. I don't like the long travel and the bulky size of mechanical keyboards.

2 minutes ago, bluerubydragon said:

I would prefer mechanical but I like really low profile keyboards. I don't like the long travel and the bulky size of mechanical keyboards.

Then get a Surface keyboard, it feels really nice to type on (I've used one before). 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

13 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Then get a Surface keyboard, it feels really nice to type on (I've used one before). 

That seems like a really good option.

29 minutes ago, bluerubydragon said:

By any chance do you know the latency on that keyboard? 

I looked up the latency and it's about 9ms which is perfectly acceptable for a Bluetooth keyboard.

1 hour ago, bluerubydragon said:

That seems like a really good option.

I looked up the latency and it's about 9ms which is perfectly acceptable for a Bluetooth keyboard.

i have the Microsoft "modern" keyboard, which is effectively an updated surface keyboard.  it is the best feeling keyboard i've ever used and it's so pretty. i've not have an issue with the bluetooth in terms of latency, but if needed you can just plug it in via USB then it functions just like a regular keyboard.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Is there a 10 key less or smaller version of the surface keyboard?  I just picked up a Logitech k380 and love this thing, but a lack of a wire makes it crummy for gaming.  I wish this keyboard had n-key over USB-C.  I'd use this as my main.