windows bricked my GPU

Go to solution Solved by The AV tech for my church,

I got it working the Top PCIe slot on my MB is dead so I moved it down on only running at 8x now but o well I will get a new board at some point.

so i just updated to the windows 10 October update I have a 7700k and an Asus strix 1080. when i started the update it restarted once fine the 2nd time my fan curves i set in windows kicked in but no video output. i then tryed using my integrated graphics and they work i was using default windows graphics drivers but after a few the intel drivers installed. i tried updating my GPU drivers just in case that was the problem no luck the installation tool said it could not detect any Nvidia GPU. the monitor i have plugged into the 1080 says no input detect and does not even show BIOS.

if anyone has any ideas that would be great i was using it to game about 2 min before i updated so the GPU was working.

did you use DDU?

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

How long have you had the card?

You could try to reflash it, but honestly if it's brand new, just RMA the thing instead of potentially digging yourself in a hole.

Take out your 1080, use onboard and go into the bios. Disable Secure boot and try the card again. Can also try another slot.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I got it working the Top PCIe slot on my MB is dead so I moved it down on only running at 8x now but o well I will get a new board at some point.