where should i start?

shayned1997

I am really into computers and love and know the hardware side of things pretty well. where would be a good place to start learning the programming and software side of things. any help would be great. i want to go into computers for a career and want to get ahead start.

I am really into computers and love and know the hardware side of things pretty well. where would be a good place to start learning the programming and software side of things. any help would be great. i want to go into computers for a career and want to get ahead start.

idk where to start but try familiarize yourself with basic languages like, python, html+css(always find this fun :P) then just expand from there.. 90% of languages use the same "technique" as such to do something its just written in a different way so once you know a little about one you will find you understand another one a little better

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

Youtube.

idk where to start but try familiarize yourself with basic languages like, python, html+css(always find this fun :P) then just expand from there.. 90% of languages use the same "technique" as such to do something its just written in a different way so once you know a little about one you will find you understand another one a little better

If you dont know or arent going to help.. Dont post.. 

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

My best suggestion would be to first check out a website called W3Schools.com, they provide quick and easy tutorials for some of the basic and most widely used languages for web development today (HTML, CSS, Javascript, Python, SQL, etc.).

However, if you think you'd be more interested in the more scientific programming world, you should start by learning C, C++, Java, etc.

Pretty much any language you can find enough resources to learn online but if you want to get familiar with some pretty standard programming literature; O'Reilly is pretty much as standard as it gets...

Depending on which rout you see yourself taking I'd suggest pursuing the following:

• Web Design -> Learn HTML & CSS and start playing around with Javascript and Python
  • Scientific Rout -> Start learning either Java or C because these will give you the strongest "hardcore" programming base... (I like to refer to the more scientific programming style as "hardcore" :D as I'm slightly biased toward this...)

Hope this helps!

Not sure you read either post you quoted...

more help then you will ever be

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

There are alot of resources online to look at. YouTube could be one, but I'm not sure how good of a resource it is. With the wide variety of videos on there, there's got to be at least one that could help you.

Codecademy is another. It provides some tutorials to some web-based programming languages you could try for free (...I think).

My best suggestion would be to first check out a website called W3Schools.com, they provide quick and easy tutorials for some of the basic and most widely used languages for web development today (HTML, CSS, Javascript, Python, SQL, etc.).

However, if you think you'd be more interested in the more scientific programming world, you should start by learning C, C++, Java, etc.

Pretty much any language you can find enough resources to learn online but if you want to get familiar with some pretty standard programming literature; O'Reilly is pretty much as standard as it gets...

Depending on which rout you see yourself taking I'd suggest pursuing the following:

• Web Design -> Learn HTML & CSS and start playing around with Javascript and Python
  • Scientific Rout -> Start learning either Java or C because these will give you the strongest "hardcore" programming base... (I like to refer to the more scientific programming style as "hardcore" :D as I'm slightly biased toward this...)

Hope this helps!

Not sure you read either post you quoted...

W3schools is where i learned HTML even tho its not very popular anymore because most sites are on HTML5 or something along those lines  

if you want to get into webdesign, try making your own website from scratch, looking for templates of how to things helped me while i was using html code, granted im not the best in the world i can still do more then just the basics..

its a really fun thing to do if you want to keep doing it

W3schools is where i learned HTML even tho its not very popular anymore because most sites are on HTML5 or something along those lines  

W3schools.com also teaches HTML5

W3schools.com also teaches HTML5

I know, but ideally Any beginner would need HTML then later on progress also the part where i got lost was how to turn the code you had written into a web page from what i understood there was sties you have to pay if anyone would be willing to explain the last part of HTML to me it would be great :D   

I know, but ideally Any beginner would need HTML then later on progress also the part where i got lost was how to turn the code you had written into a web page from what i understood there was sties you have to pay if anyone would be willing to explain the last part of HTML to me it would be great :D   

What you are referring to is the actual hosting of the web page... the HTML index page itself is the website, its how you allow outside users from others to access that page that you want to know... which is website hosting :D

What you are referring to is the actual hosting of the web page... the HTML index page itself is the website, its how you allow outside users from others to access that page that you want to know... which is website 

Right, but you do half to pay someone to host it correct ? 

Right, but you do half to pay someone to host it correct ? 

There are free hosting sites or you could host it yourself with something like apache, IIS or tomcat/glassfish depending on what language you used.

There are free hosting sites or you could host it yourself with something like apache, IIS or tomcat/glassfish depending on what language you used.

With the free hosting site can i get a domain with .com .net      Etc....?

With the free hosting site can i get a domain with .com .net      Etc....?

Usually you can't get a plain .com name but some sites will give you a free subdomain like "yoursite.vze.com". Besides some special promotions from places like godaddy you won't be able to get a free domain name.

Usually you can't get a plain .com name but some sites will give you a free subdomain like "yoursite.vze.com". Besides some special promotions from places like godaddy you won't be able to get a free domain name.

interesting i will probley check it out. i been working on this case mod i would like you guys to check it out and tell me what you think http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/101054-what-you-guys-think/

Do you want legit programming, or something more like graphic design? People often think of them as closer than they actually are.

I personally started on html, learning java right now.  Starting VB in a few weeks.