Wondering if this temp is ok?

Just installed my new processor and was wondering if these temps are good when i'm gaming on heavy loads like overwatch on ultra it runs about 70-71c max and other games around 60c give or take. its a ryzen 2600x btw thanks for any input. 

What CPU cooler do you have? Temps like that aren't ideal, but shouldn't damage the CPU at all.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

3 minutes ago, David_2716 said:

Just installed my new processor and was wondering if these temps are good when i'm gaming on heavy loads like overwatch on ultra it runs about 70-71c max and other games around 60c give or take. its a ryzen 2600x btw thanks for any input. 

70c is completely fine for a Ryzen chip. Is it overclocked? It seems higher than normal IF it's stock clocks, but. 

What cooler are you using?

not that bad, generally I try to stay out of the 70's though 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

12 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

Temps like that aren't ideal

what

CPUs are rated for 80C nowadays, that "never allow it to go over 60C" thing ended with the P4

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

16 minutes ago, shotsfired said:

70c is completely fine for a Ryzen chip. Is it overclocked? It seems higher than normal IF it's stock clocks, but. 

What cooler are you using?

no its just stock with the boost speed and the wrath spire cooler it came with.

20 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

What CPU cooler do you have? Temps like that aren't ideal, but shouldn't damage the CPU at all.

wraith spire 

Your temps are normal.  Good build.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

23 minutes ago, AntiTrust said:

not that bad, generally I try to stay out of the 70's though 

:wut:

9 minutes ago, David_2716 said:

wraith spire 

Yeah, you're good. Worry when you're at 90c. 

any temp is fine as long as the cpu isn't thermal throttling

6 minutes ago, ears_ears said:

any temp is fine as long as the cpu isn't thermal throttling

Not true, unsafe high temps can lead to degraded silicon, and early failure. Of course, if you sustain the temp. Hitting it and then coming down soon after isn't a big deal. 

1 minute ago, shotsfired said:

Not true, unsafe high temps can lead to degraded silicon, and early failure. Of course, if you sustain the temp. Hitting it and then coming down soon after isn't a big deal. 

That's why the CPU thermal throttles before it reaches those unsafe high temps. 

6 minutes ago, ears_ears said:

That's why the CPU thermal throttles before it reaches those unsafe high temps. 

I disagree with you. But okay. 

How can you disagree with me about a fact?

This isn't an opinion lol

19 minutes ago, ears_ears said:

How can you disagree with me about a fact?

This isn't an opinion lol

Silicon degradation is also not an opinion. 

The cpu will thermal throttle (forcefully downclock) before temperatures rise to silicon degradation levels. 

If temperatures go even beyond thermal throttle levels, it will forcefully shut down the system. 

What are you not understanding? I'd be happy to explain.

21 hours ago, ears_ears said:

The cpu will thermal throttle (forcefully downclock) before temperatures rise to silicon degradation levels. 

If temperatures go even beyond thermal throttle levels, it will forcefully shut down the system. 

What are you not understanding? I'd be happy to explain.

Silicon degradation happens 24/7, 365, if the CPU is powered. I said he'll speed up the process. 

Read up, kid. 

https://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/723980-Truth-about-CPU-degradation