Bethesda Support Leaks Fallout 76 Customers info

Shaggy25
15 hours ago, Arika S said:

"now you can manage your own support ticket, we'll even let you manage other people's support tickets, just in case you're able to help them faster than we can"

They're taking the let the modders fix it philosophy quite literally there

I've been following this since it appeared on Reddit, and to be fair, the OPs headline is misleading.  People did get access to read others support tickets, this is true, but the customer information leaked was only that which as provided, in the clear, by a customer typing it into a support ticket.

To be fair, it's a fine line, but some (not this post) are calling for a feds to step in and hold the CFO responsible for a customer data breach, including bank accounts and payment info, when the payment statement didn't get touched.

Did a bug allow customers to read support tickets? Yes.

Were customers dumb enough to type entire personal contact information, including full credit card info, into an unencrypted form? Yep.

Personally I find it hilarious that the same people who got butthurt that they didn't get their bag (like it's really worth anything... Most will gather dust till they get thrown away) are the ones who got into this issue. It's 200 bucks worth of plastic and garbage, which didn't even include a game.

2 hours ago, Evanair said:

Personally I find it hilarious that the same people who got butthurt that they didn't get their bag (like it's really worth anything... Most will gather dust till they get thrown away) are the ones who got into this issue. It's 200 bucks worth of plastic and garbage, which didn't even include a game.

They didn't get butthurt because they didn't get their bag. 

Those people were angry because the bag they got was not the one that was shown and advertised on the product page (it was supposed to be a bag made out of canvas material but the bag received is one made out of nylon that was not ironed prior to delivery). 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

God, such a  joke of multiplayer code in Fallout 76 .... just stumbled upon this on reddit:

quoting a person in that thread:

From what I have read it seems button spamming on certain objects will now DC you from the server. A couple people have mentioned this was meant to be on only pocketed armor to help prevent the weight limit glitch but has been placed on some other things as well. For now, i'd br carefull spamming anything.

If you don't know, there's an armor which reduces your weight or increases your max weight (i honestly don't care, basically it alters carry weight) when equipped. If you equipped it and unequipped it very fast and lots of times, you'd have a race condition with the server (you're sending new commands before server confirms previous commands) and in your game, the character weight decreases by some amount and by repeating the process it was possible to have negative weight.