Fallout New Vegas Problems

That_PC_Kid

Okay, so I have a near vanilla version of New Vegas without any mods. I have downloaded d3d9.dll which can easily be removed. Every time the game finishes the intro the game would crash. With the d3d9.dll the whole PC freezes. My specs are R5 2400G @4.0GHz and 16GB 2400MHz RAM. I honestly don't know what to do to fix this. Does anyone have any advice?

(I accidentally posted this in "Off-Topic" and I don't know how to delete it. Admins, please delete the other one)

Fallout New Vegas is a buggy game. I would install one of the community patches that are available.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51664/

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

2 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Fallout New Vegas is a buggy game. I would install one of the community patches that are available.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51664/

1 hour ago, elpiop said:

would also recommend NVAC https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/53635/

Have tried both and it still doesn't work

21 hours ago, quakeguy81 said:

Is it the Steam version?  Verify game integrity in Steam?  Did you try changing the game options from the F:NV launcher?  Vanilla F:NV runs fine on my hardware configuration (in sig.)  Everyone has different hardware so YMMV.  Several mods might help with your crashing problem, such as Anti-Crash, Stutter Remover, etc.

I've reinstalled the name 5 times and have used those mods and still doesn't work.

13 minutes ago, quakeguy81 said:

Most of those mods require NVSE (New Vegas Script Extender) to work properly.  You have to install it manually into your F:NV folder.  I can run F:NV without mods on my PC without crashing.  Have you tried running it on another PC?  What is your full PC spec?  It might help us troubleshoot your issue.  

I'm almost certain it's my CPU overclock. I decided to run a stability test because I had forgotten to when I jumped from 3.8 to 4.0 GHz and every time I run a stability test it crashes.

On 12/5/2018 at 8:35 PM, quakeguy81 said:

Did you try playing F:NV without the overclock?  Does it still crash?

Just got my RX 580 in and it works flawlessly.