Installed Win7 on NVMe but reboot at loading screen (Sabertooth 990FX R2)

oobee

I have this wierd problem when ive installed Windows 7 on my Samsung 970 EVO NVMe.
It boot up.. But it reboot itself before I have come to the "loginpage", something seems to be happening at the "loading screen", were it reboot itself.
The insallation seems to have been successful, so why does this weird thing happen? I have reinstalled Win7 both as an MBR disk and GPT disk.
I have the latest BIOS (2901) that support NVMe ssd's.

So I hope someone can help figure this out.

It's likely a BSOD for inaccessible boot device. NVMe and Windows 7 don't like to co-exist. Did you slipstream the drivers onto your install USB or something?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

It's likely a BSOD for inaccessible boot device. NVMe and Windows 7 don't like to co-exist. Did you slipstream the drivers onto your install USB or something?

hmm.. yeah, loaded drivers when installed win7. Seems to have worked, but if I got the OS installed why does it not boot up properly? It seems like somekind of driver error when booting up or something...

2 minutes ago, oobee said:

hmm.. yeah, loaded drivers when installed win7. Seems to have worked, but if I got the OS installed why does it not boot up properly? It seems like somekind of driver error when booting up or something...

Just for the heck of it, could you try Windows 10? See if that installs and boots up fine or not. If it does the same, it's more likely a hardware compatibility issue. NVMe on hardware of this generation is kinda experimental after all.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

15 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Just for the heck of it, could you try Windows 10? See if that installs and boots up fine or not. If it does the same, it's more likely a hardware compatibility issue. NVMe on hardware of this generation is kinda experimental after all.

Yeah in that case i have to do that. But there must be a way around this. I like go experimental on this kind of stuff, just to learn how stuff works. In theory it's just a new "hdd" so something must work. win10 and win7 isn't that different. The difference between Sabertooth990FX R.2 and newer motherboards is the pci-e generations (bandwith) so it should work but maybe not in full speed.