Ducky or Anne

Jeffa

Which keyboard should i get? Ducky one 2 mini or Anne pro 2? I know anne pro 2 can be wireless but I don't care about that option. 

Who should I go for?

37 minutes ago, Javilen said:

Ducky.

Reasons?

• 1 month later...

It also depends on what switches you want, if you get the AP2 YouCam get a bunch of retooled box mails switches, whereas if you get the ducky you only have the cherry option. You also get the choice of Gateron switches, and also the choice of white key caps. The wire is also reversible (USB C). While there are some defects for some AP2’s I’ve got none wrong with mine.

11 minutes ago, Krishnuni said:

It also depends on what switches you want, if you get the AP2 YouCam get a bunch of retooled box mails switches, whereas if you get the ducky you only have the cherry option. You also get the choice of Gateron switches, and also the choice of white key caps. The wire is also reversible (USB C). While there are some defects for some AP2’s I’ve got none wrong with mine.

nice thread necro bruv

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

• 3 months later...

don't understand how everyone keeps saying the ducky has better build quality when numerous YouTubers have physically tested both and can confirm that the ducky has a thinner plastic case which causes it to flex and squeak more than the AP2 which has literally no flex because of it's unibody case compared to the ducky's 2 piece case. I think most of the testimonies regarding the ducky on various forums are just pure fanboyism and marketing hype just because one of the best fortnite players in the world uses that ducky. smh

10 minutes ago, badkarma868 said:

don't understand how everyone keeps saying the ducky has better build quality when numerous YouTubers have physically tested both and can confirm that the ducky has a thinner plastic case which causes it to flex and squeak more than the AP2 which has literally no flex because of it's unibody case compared to the ducky's 2 piece case. I think most of the testimonies regarding the ducky on various forums are just pure fanboyism and marketing hype just because one of the best fortnite players in the world uses that ducky. smh

What's with resurrecting old threads? 

18 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

What's with resurrecting old threads? 

so I should make a whole new thread just to reply to everyone's statement regarding the ducky build quality being better even though it's proven that its not? sure...makes alot of sense

9 minutes ago, badkarma868 said:

so I should make a whole new thread just to reply to everyone's statement regarding the ducky build quality being better even though it's proven that its not? sure...makes alot of sense

Who proved that? Some youtubers? It must be true then.. Back to the topic, I like Anne Pro more, but it does not mean it's better. I don't like the look of ducky. IIRC anne weighs more than ducky, hence the flex. But if I would carry it around I would get a lighter one. That's personal. Few people stated their opinions, just as did you. If you had both boards you could talk about facts..

54 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Who proved that? Some youtubers? It must be true then.. Back to the topic, I like Anne Pro more, but it does not mean it's better. I don't like the look of ducky. IIRC anne weighs more than ducky, hence the flex. But if I would carry it around I would get a lighter one. That's personal. Few people stated their opinions, just as did you. If you had both boards you could talk about facts..

never said my post was facts...go look at the YT vids ureself man...they actually showing on video that the ducky squeaks when you press on the left and right sides due to its 2 piece assembly. it is a less solid kb when it comes to the overall feel of the device compared to the AP2. the AP2 are also double shot PBT keys. not sure where the claims that the AP2 build quality is poor are coming from as Obins did see to produce a better build quality unit than even the ducky.

I am currently awaiting an AP2 to arrive as i was in the same predicament as OP however build quality means alot to me hence the reason i went with the AP2 as almost all comparison vids i watched on YT between the 2, the reviewers kept mentioning how the ducky kb has alot more flex than the AP...id get the ducky as well to make that comparison myself on receiving the AP as you suggested. But, on the issue of just a perspective buyer wanting just 1 kb, all the comments about the AP2 having poor build quality are misleading and false to the product. and many of the users vouching for ducky i'm pretty sure dont even own one but just riding the Tfue wave.

• 2 months later...
On 5/13/2019 at 6:47 AM, badkarma868 said:

never said my post was facts...go look at the YT vids ureself man...they actually showing on video that the ducky squeaks when you press on the left and right sides due to its 2 piece assembly. it is a less solid kb when it comes to the overall feel of the device compared to the AP2. the AP2 are also double shot PBT keys. not sure where the claims that the AP2 build quality is poor are coming from as Obins did see to produce a better build quality unit than even the ducky.

I am currently awaiting an AP2 to arrive as i was in the same predicament as OP however build quality means alot to me hence the reason i went with the AP2 as almost all comparison vids i watched on YT between the 2, the reviewers kept mentioning how the ducky kb has alot more flex than the AP...id get the ducky as well to make that comparison myself on receiving the AP as you suggested. But, on the issue of just a perspective buyer wanting just 1 kb, all the comments about the AP2 having poor build quality are misleading and false to the product. and many of the users vouching for ducky i'm pretty sure dont even own one but just riding the Tfue wave.

I agree completely with this guy, the anne pro 2 is better in terms of build quality and even if you are looking for something to carry around with you for working somewhere such as a coffee shop the minimalistic design gives a very simple nice look, also providing bluetooth connection if needed. The anne pro 2 is better in my opinion, but its mostly preference and the fact that the ducky is slightly more popular because many content creators use it so many people hop on the bandwagon without researching more...

LOL

I dont get this talks..

You guys talking about build quality and flexes on it, like they need only less than 70 grams key press to flex.

Smash them, then that flexes vs none will matter. Lol

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

58 minutes ago, PotatoCanDo! said:

LOL

I dont get this talks..

You guys talking about build quality and flexes on it, like they need only less than 70 grams key press to flex.

Smash them, then that flexes vs none will matter. Lol

What do you mean by that? ?

3 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

What do you mean by that? ?

No offense, man..

I just see that this debate of build quality which involves slight flex on a keyboard frame is difficult to get what is the point of it?

A keyboard that doesnt have flex is better than the other one where the flex is there if we push with force more than you need to press the keys or by grabbing it with both hands and try to twist it? Well that's sooooo overrated 

We all need is just to press the keys with no more than 70 grams of force, so this debate is just pointless to me.

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

1 hour ago, PotatoCanDo! said:

No offense, man..

I just see that this debate of build quality which involves slight flex on a keyboard frame is difficult to get what is the point of it?

A keyboard that doesnt have flex is better than the other one where the flex is there if we push with force more than you need to press the keys or by grabbing it with both hands and try to twist it? Well that's sooooo overrated 

We all need is just to press the keys with no more than 70 grams of force, so this debate is just pointless to me.

Funny thing is many high end kustom (korean custom = kustom) keyboards have keyboard plates that are designed to flex, as many think it feels nicer.