How to check motherboard for compatibility

I have an A10 6700 from a prebuilt but it is bottleneck my Gtx 1050ti. Like I can't even run spotify with minecraft without making my cpu go to 100% and I get stuttering. However, I have an i3 4150 in another prebuilt but I'm not sure if it will fit in any Micro or Regular ATX case or even supply power for my GPU. I checked Dell's website and I find nothing about the motherboard. How do I check if my motherboard is compatible with my GPU and Case?

PC: A10 6700, 8gb DDR3 1600mhz, GTX 1050ti, 1TB HDD and Prebuilt motherboard, case, power supply & cooler

Laptop (Asus Vivovook X510UA): i5 8250u 8gb DDR4 2400mhz 256gb SSD

Tough question. Many motherboards from prebuilts are custom size and the case is made to fit around the motherboard. Verification by visual inspection would be my best answer.

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

The motherboard should be compatible with the 1050Ti you own. Open up the case and look how big the motherboard is and then try and eyeball the size of it and take a guess if it'll fit in the newer case

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

If you have them both on your person you can just try it yourself

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

If you have them both on your person you can just try it yourself

I don;t have any case that is ATX. So I want to find a way to make sure it fits before buying and moving my system to a new case.

PC: A10 6700, 8gb DDR3 1600mhz, GTX 1050ti, 1TB HDD and Prebuilt motherboard, case, power supply & cooler

4 minutes ago, mxk. said:

The motherboard should be compatible with the 1050Ti you own. Open up the case and look how big the motherboard is and then try and eyeball the size of it and take a guess if it'll fit in the newer case

But I heard that some motherboards like cut of the power through the PCI E lane and only give like 30 w or something like that. i have tried to google it but found nothing so far.

1 minute ago, TheRaggingSword said:

But I heard that some motherboards like cut of the power through the PCI E lane and only give like 30 w or something like that. i have tried to google it but found nothing so far.

I don't think thats true. Maybe it does that when the GPU is idle and doesn't need as much power? I would think it would do that through the cables so I doubt its true, especially since you haven't found anything

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

I'll be honest I don't know how you're getting stuttering on your CPU with minecraft. My CPU is almost the exact same as yours and performs exactly the same and I don't get stuttering on minecraft.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

is the 1050ti a stander card if so it should fit and power will probably not be a issue with a 1050ti. 

@mxk. the mobo handles low power need under 30 watts the main reason i under stand is hybrid graphics.

Just now, mxk. said:

My CPU is almost the exact same as yours and performs exactly the same and I don't get stuttering on minecraft.

Lol how is your a8 6600k not bottlenecking your gtx 1070 ti like really badly. My gpu is only at 60% for games like overwatch and fortnite and my cpu just make my system stutter. I can only runs games with stutter or bump the setting to max and get like 40 fps

Just now, TheRaggingSword said:

Lol how is your a8 6600k not bottlenecking your gtx 1070 ti like really badly. My gpu is only at 60% for games like overwatch and fortnite and my cpu just make my system stutter. I can only runs games with stutter or bump the setting to max and get like 40 fps

Oh it is, but I play just csgo and the 1070ti isn't going to stay with this pc. I play 1024x768 with mostly ultra low settings so that reduces bottlenecking a lot. Maybe the 1050Ti is the reason you're getting stutters? My old 960 is on par with the 1050Ti and it still didn't stutter. Are you using the stock cooler?

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

Maybe the 1050Ti is the reason you're getting stutters? My old 960 is on par with the 1050Ti and it still didn't stutter. Are you using the stock cooler?

Stutters are usually due to cpu bottlenecks. Once I turn the setting up in more intensive game than minecraft, my fps is smooth and no stuttering. I have a prebuilt so yea I am using the really bad cooler. My cpu doesn't even turbo to 4.3ghz. It just stays at 4.18 and drops from there.

5 minutes ago, TheRaggingSword said:

Stutters are usually due to cpu bottlenecks. Once I turn the setting up in more intensive game than minecraft, my fps is smooth and no stuttering. I have a prebuilt so yea I am using the really bad cooler. My cpu doesn't even turbo to 4.3ghz. It just stays at 4.18 and drops from there.

hmmm. This might sound MEGA stupid but if you can underclock or get it to run lower, try that. Our CPU's perform the same at the same clock speeds and I stay at 3.9ghz and no issues, weirdly enough. it's probably using the stock cooler, just like me.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra