New Yamaha AG06 mixer installed, my first mixer. Hearing a low static sound. How to fix?

TheGwardian

New Yamaha AG06 mixer installed, my first mixer. Hearing a low static sound. How to fix?

I have it setup like it was outlined in a previous thread: 

https://imgur.com/a/WD6Ic9x

I noticed that the sound gets much louder if I turn the knob up for "MONITOR", I have all other knobs turned all the way down.

How do I get rid of this super annoying sound? If it's something I have to buy, please link to it.

Web Developer, Gamer, Twitch Streamer, YouTuber, Tech Enthusiast

SNOW: i7-8700K CPU | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Founder's Edition | Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard | G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD | Western Digital - Red Pro 8TB Hard Drive | NZXT - Phantom 530 (White) ATX Full Tower Case | Corsair - RMx 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply | Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

THORi7-4790K CPU | G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) | Rosewill Case THOR V2 | Corsair HXi Series HX850i Modular Power Supply | ASRock ATX LGA 1150 Motherboards Z97 EXTREME6 | Samsung 950 PRO Series 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD | Western Digital WD Blue 1TB Hard Drive | Elgato HD60 Pro Internal Capture Card

Audio:  Audio-Technica AT2035 Cardioid Condenser Microphone | RODE PSA1 Swivel Mount Studio Microphone Boom Arm | Yamaha AG06 Mixer | Microphone Shock Mount with Pop Filter | Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones | Logitech G430 Headset

Accessories / Misc.:  ViewHD Prosumer Ultra HD HDMI Splitter | CORSAIR K95 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Razer DeathStalker Keyboard | Corsair KATAR Gaming Mouse | Amazon Basics Mouse | Logitech C922 Webcam | Amazon Basics 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub x2 | Tripp Lite Isobar 8 Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip x2

36 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

You can try grounding the output from your gaming PC to the mixer, that helped me. This is the one I use: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0171PQLB8

What is the difference between the one you linked and this one? https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-Isolator-Stereo-System/dp/B019393MV2

Just showed as a related item on Amazon, and I'm just super curious lol

SNOW: i7-8700K CPU | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Founder's Edition | Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard | G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD | Western Digital - Red Pro 8TB Hard Drive | NZXT - Phantom 530 (White) ATX Full Tower Case | Corsair - RMx 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply | Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

THORi7-4790K CPU | G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) | Rosewill Case THOR V2 | Corsair HXi Series HX850i Modular Power Supply | ASRock ATX LGA 1150 Motherboards Z97 EXTREME6 | Samsung 950 PRO Series 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD | Western Digital WD Blue 1TB Hard Drive | Elgato HD60 Pro Internal Capture Card

Audio:  Audio-Technica AT2035 Cardioid Condenser Microphone | RODE PSA1 Swivel Mount Studio Microphone Boom Arm | Yamaha AG06 Mixer | Microphone Shock Mount with Pop Filter | Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones | Logitech G430 Headset

Accessories / Misc.:  ViewHD Prosumer Ultra HD HDMI Splitter | CORSAIR K95 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Razer DeathStalker Keyboard | Corsair KATAR Gaming Mouse | Amazon Basics Mouse | Logitech C922 Webcam | Amazon Basics 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub x2 | Tripp Lite Isobar 8 Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip x2

33 minutes ago, TheGwardian said:

What is the difference between the one you linked and this one? https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-Isolator-Stereo-System/dp/B019393MV2

Just showed as a related item on Amazon, and I'm just super curious lol

LOL! I'm willing to bet they are 100% the same thing just with a different sticker/decal. :D The cable looks better in the picture for the one you linked, but it's the same cable that came with mine so it's your call if you want to save $1.50 or not. Feel free to check out the video review I did for the one I linked though on Amazon's page (just be careful if you're wearing headphones, I think I forgot to warn people I was going to play music during the test).

-KuJoe

4 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

LOL! I'm willing to bet they are 100% the same thing just with a different sticker/decal. :D The cable looks better in the picture for the one you linked, but it's the same cable that came with mine so it's your call if you want to save $1.50 or not. Feel free to check out the video review I did for the one I linked though on Amazon's page (just be careful if you're wearing headphones, I think I forgot to warn people I was going to play music during the test).

Lol oh! I Gotcha. I'll order it and give that a try! I'm thinking I'll order 2 or 3 of them, 1 for pc #1, 1 for pc #2, and one for the monitor / consoles. 

That way, I'll be 100% sure everything is good. 

Does that sound reasonable? 

40 minutes ago, TheGwardian said:

Lol oh! I Gotcha. I'll order it and give that a try! I'm thinking I'll order 2 or 3 of them, 1 for pc #1, 1 for pc #2, and one for the monitor / consoles. 

That way, I'll be 100% sure everything is good. 

Does that sound reasonable? 

That's basically my plan also once I get around to it.

-KuJoe

19 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Ah, cool! To make sure I have enough, I ordered 4 of them, and 1 of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ALGGK2O because currently the mixer is just being powered by usb. I figured that might eliminate any usb powered problems too. 

On 12/3/2018 at 4:36 AM, KuJoe said:

I just got these in and installed them but I still hear this weird static sound. 

It gets louder the more I turn up the "MONITOR" knob. When I get to half and go over half on the monitor knob, it gets very loud.

I'm at a loss as to what could be happening. I just now tried unplugging everything aside from USB power and Headphones, and the static sound is still happening, as you can see here:

20181204_120619.thumb.jpg.0b4f2a43bf29daf5b0ca7ba9934c75eb.jpg