Hybrid Gpu Cooling

Secksee
Go to solution Solved by tcari394,
5 hours ago, Secksee said:

I built a pc about a year ago with a 7600k and a 760 4gb with the intention of getting some experience in building and easing my way into pc gaming. Now that a year has passed I decided that I’d blow my first k on computer parts and make an overkill build!

My newest build is set to include a 3000 series Ryzen cpu, a gtx 1080 or better (depending on prices) and I would love to somehow incorporate water cooling. I have my eyes on the DeepCool Captian 240 EX RGB for my cpu but as for the gpu I’m not quite sure yet. 

Many people suggest that air cooling is plenty for a gpu so I set my eyes on the gigabytes 1080 g1, but my lust for the best keeps pushing me towards evgas hybrid cards. 

I know the hybrids temperatures are great, and I know it’s hit or miss as for how loud the pump is. I’ve seen plenty of benchmarks and they definitely perform well enough to persuade me to get one but I was wondering how reliable an integrated water cooler could be on a graphics card. 

I suppose my question would be to the owners of an EVGA hybrid card of any kind is, what has your luck been with the reliability of your card? This applies to pumps, hoses or anything specifically water cooler related. Any other tips or suggestions for my new build are greatly appreciated.

I've been running SLI hybrid 1080s (980s before that) and haven't run into any issues.  They stay cool, quiet and are well worth the investment.

I built a pc about a year ago with a 7600k and a 760 4gb with the intention of getting some experience in building and easing my way into pc gaming. Now that a year has passed I decided that I’d blow my first k on computer parts and make an overkill build!

My newest build is set to include a 3000 series Ryzen cpu, a gtx 1080 or better (depending on prices) and I would love to somehow incorporate water cooling. I have my eyes on the DeepCool Captian 240 EX RGB for my cpu but as for the gpu I’m not quite sure yet. 

Many people suggest that air cooling is plenty for a gpu so I set my eyes on the gigabytes 1080 g1, but my lust for the best keeps pushing me towards evgas hybrid cards. 

I know the hybrids temperatures are great, and I know it’s hit or miss as for how loud the pump is. I’ve seen plenty of benchmarks and they definitely perform well enough to persuade me to get one but I was wondering how reliable an integrated water cooler could be on a graphics card. 

I suppose my question would be to the owners of an EVGA hybrid card of any kind is, what has your luck been with the reliability of your card? This applies to pumps, hoses or anything specifically water cooler related. Any other tips or suggestions for my new build are greatly appreciated.

Just now, Secksee said:

My newest build is set to include a 3000 series Ryzen cpu,

not out yet.

Just add a graphics card and maybe a cooler to your build now, and replace the rest of the parts next year.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

3 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

not out yet.

Just add a graphics card and maybe a cooler to your build now, and replace the rest of the parts next year.

I know, can’t wait ;)

I would do that but graphics cards prices are looking magnificent right now. Especially with the new series of titans hopefully coming. 

5 hours ago, Secksee said:

I've been running SLI hybrid 1080s (980s before that) and haven't run into any issues.  They stay cool, quiet and are well worth the investment.