is this socket broken?

look at picture 2 on this listing: https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/computers-en-software/moederborden/m1349504370-asus-z170-pro-gaming-perfecte-staat.html?c=9b26ed2a557deff636f4f8b9c5b7a618

is that just some dust in the socket or is that a real problem? i already confirmed a price with the seller, but i just noticed that. soo if it's broken i'm not gonna buy it... 

She/Her

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

look at picture 2 on this listing: https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/computers-en-software/moederborden/m1349504370-asus-z170-pro-gaming-perfecte-staat.html?c=9b26ed2a557deff636f4f8b9c5b7a618

is that just some dust in the socket or is that a real problem? i already confirmed a price with the seller, but i just noticed that. soo if it's broken i'm not gonna buy it... 

$_86.JPG

Looks fine to me? What exactly has you worried?

Just now, corrado33 said:

Looks fine to me? What exactly has you worried?

same here, looks fine.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I don't see what you're seeing. The pins all look aligned to me, and all the capacitors in the center look securely attached. Could you circle what is bothering you? That way we can help you decide whether to buy or not. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

The only thing that looked strange at all was this

Capture.thumb.PNG.755b43233cd6b885c7db7b4867b32a28.PNG

Here is a stock photo of the socket I Googled.

Capture2.PNG.a09915dc3dbb569d5a74b2fd1c4b7306.PNG

But maybe it is just the angle.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

Update:

I took a closer look, and I noticed something. Not sure what it is yet. I circled it in red. It looks like it might be a bent pin of some sort. It doesn't appear to be present on a photo of the board from a store. I'd contact the seller about it. 

Inkedasus-z170-pro-gaming_LI.jpg

Inkedimageproxy_LI.jpg

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

Seeing as the rest of the motherboard has some dust on it, it might just be dust. However, I would ask the seller to confirm.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Razor Blade said:

The only thing that looked strange at all was this

Capture.thumb.PNG.755b43233cd6b885c7db7b4867b32a28.PNG

yeah that's it. 

6 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

Seeing as the rest of the motherboard has some dust on it, it might just be dust. However, I would ask the seller to confirm.

17 minutes ago, emosun said:

ask them

ok i asked... it looks like dust to me too but i wasn't sure. 

She/Her

13 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

Update:

I took a closer look, and I noticed something. Not sure what it is yet. I circled it in red. It looks like it might be a bent pin of some sort. It doesn't appear to be present on a photo of the board from a store. I'd contact the seller about it. 

You have some great eyes my friend. Or a big screen

11 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

You have some great eyes my friend. Or a big screen

I noticed it as well, but assumed it was a piece of dust/paper towel. 

2 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

I noticed it as well, but assumed it was a piece of dust/paper towel. 

Well, I'm on a 5 inch screen, so I wouldn't directly

6 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Well, I'm on a 5 inch screen, so I wouldn't directly

I mean, to me, there are pieces of paper towel all over the picture, and they all look identical to me.

86.jpg

Besides, if anything it's the very top corner pin, which should be easier to access and fix than any other pins.