I humbly ask for help! high temps.

I'm new to watercooling. I recently installed a full loop into my PC, I'm worried about the CPU temps as they seem High to me. they Idle around 40C and can spike up to 91C according to real temp. I use AI tweaker on my asus mobo to apply what it called a 12% OC to the i7-4790K (though I'm not entirely sure what that means.) 

so Far I have trimmed a part of the universal block that was impacting on the mobo keep it from making good contact. after that the temps shot up 80+ C within seconds of gaming so I used the backplate from my aircooler to mount the water block ( as the budget waterblock didnt include one, I also replaced the thermal paste with liquid metal hoping to reduce temps.

The CPU now averages 75C while gaming but will spike as high as 91C but it does take longer to reach these higher temps now not within a few seconds like before.

The titan X maxwell GPU stays at right around 54C under load.

The temps do concern me as they seem high, I'm not sure what other troubleshooting steps I could take and would appreciate any advice or direction you could offer. Thanks in advance!

What follows is a list of the components I purchased through amazon:

CPU: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ELC6E66/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

GPU: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NCODXPG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PUMP: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H1BE4VQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

RAD: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0067LW8RY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

FANS: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L64NYPC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A picture of the loop before filling and trimming the block.

image.png.664a8a6524f6943528b59a9570e3b7be.png

To get more replies and better quality replies, its best to not have a wall of words, and to organize your thoughts and troubleshooing into organized paragraphs.

Introduction

Problem

Actions you took

Question

Honestly I tried to read it 2 or 3 times, I dont even know what you are asking for or what the problem is.

6 minutes ago, SPAZ117 said:

Any advice would be appreciated!

With a waterblock you shouldn't be seeing those temps with such a mild overclock on a 4th gen processor unless your auto voltage is doing some crazy things.

Some motherboards can push voltage right up when its left auto and you change your frequency.

When your in your bios check next to auto what it says the voltage is.

It should be 1.2Volts or there around if it's not lock it to 1.2Volts it might crash depending on silicon quality but at very least if its something crazy like 1.4Volts or 1.3Volts once boots thats why the processor is hot. I don't trust auto it can mean a lot of different things. AI Tweaker is certainly going to mess around with your Voltage.

If you already have locked your voltage down manually, then i'd look at the next part. Your CPU Block is a cheap one yes but its still copper i get that. The reason those expensive blocks are are $60-$80 is they use jetplates. This forces the liquid through the fins at high speed since its restricted flow through the plate liquid moves faster and forces through those little fins.

Thats how you get the heat out of the waterblock and into the liquid the most efficiently.

Your waterblock doesn't have a jetplate and the fins are really low they don't reach up into the flow, this will make it less efficiently but you can combat that by increasing your pump speed.

I would suggest putting your pump to max speed if you can't reach the speed dial, it looks like a D5 to me but i can't see if its a PWM or not on the pictures.

I assume its a D5 with a speed switch on it. This can also help move the air out of the system. which is my next suggestion when the system is all filled and seals of course.

While it is switched on did you try placing the case on its side with the motherboard flat with your desk, given your radiator orientation that should get most of the air out.

The last thing is their a dust filter on the front of your case, try removing it and the side panel just for testing see if that makes a different to your liquid temperatures.

Can you feel air flowing into your pc when you put your hand in the case.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

I do feel the front fans pulling in cool air with the panel off. The pump isn't PWM sadly, just uses a molex connector. when bleeding the system I did lay the case on its side as far as I can tell there isn't air trapped in there. I will check out the bios and see what the voltage looks like thanks for the tip! I'll update this if there are any changes.

sounds like a D5 pump similar to mine. if it has a speed setting try setting it to the highest. when the air runs out of the system it should be move at a decent speed in the pipes.

if its moving really low it might be turned down low.

Some D5's have this on the bottom. 5 is the fastest

49118_0.jpg

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

some don't have anything :( you might have one those and its just set to whatever and hopefully its fast enough to drive liquid through that CPU Block.

pump-17.jpg

STORAGE 

Prolly a few things. One being actual surface area and age of the tim for the cpu. Flow rate, assuming its sufficient,  240 rad isn't enough for a 4790k let alone a gpu adding to that. 

Those fans are horrid, would need push/pull at a minimum. So if they aren't at max now, they should be, same with that pump.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Thanks everyone for the advice! Reseated the block tossed the springs that came with it, ditched the NZXT case fan controller and plugged them into the mobo to control them better without CAM software getting in the way 

Now the GPU runs at 44 C under load and CPU runs at 66-68 C under load and idles around 34 C

perfect outcome that CPU temp looks a lot better under load. ?

STORAGE