SSD in external enclosure shows up as HDD

I bought a Samsung EVO 1TB SSD during cyber monday to use for external game storage. I noticed it wasn't performing well, so when I checked it's properties it showed up as a hard disk drive.

Every other device shows up properly, but Dem Gaemz A: shows up as a HDD which it definitely isn't. What's even weirder is that when I pressed the optimize button it started to Trim the drive... So does Windows know this is an SSD or not? If it helps the external enclosure I'm using is a Sabrent 2.5" enclosure which claimed to be optimized for SSD, not that I believed that to mean anything other than it works with SSDs. Is there a way to make this drive show up as an SSD? I'm worried data is being saved to it improperly and damaging it.
Link to Enclosure: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OJ3UJ2S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thats Not Right.PNG

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

is it possible that you are using a USB2.0 port with it? Or if you just plugged in the cable a bit too slow. It doesn't really matter if windows detects it as an SSD or not

CPU: i7 5930K OC'd 4.5Ghz

Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth

RAM: 64G Corsair Dominator Platinum

GPU: EVGA GTX980Ti Hybrid

Case: NZXT H440 Razer Edition

Boot: Intel 750 480GB 

Storage: Micron M7 256GB+Seagate 3TB in acceleration mode

Backup: WD Blue 1T incremental for boot drive

PSU: Corsair AX860i

Display: Dell 2312HM

Cooling: H110i GTX

Keyboard: Topre Realforce

Mouse: Logitech G700s/G502s

Just now, DeathPheonix said:

is it possible that you are using a USB2.0 port with it? Or if you just plugged in the cable a bit too slow. It doesn't really matter if windows detects it as an SSD or not

Well, I think the Spectre X360 2017 has only USB 3.0, and the computer starts with the drive plugged in. I'm kinda disappointed with the performance. I'm starting to think that my external Graphics card is the reason for the poor performance.Still though, an external GTX 780 should still be able to handle 1080P GTA V and DOOM.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)