Locked out of Windows, can't afford to factory reset

Go to solution Solved by FlpDaMattress,

Solution is just depression and sadness, everywhere I go just tells me to factory reset. 

20181130_220502.thumb.jpg.a994d17affa710023a38462f6d6215d9.jpg

Had over 6 years of memes on my C. Fml. 

Long story short, I haven't actually used my password on my desktop in months and decided to update Windows. Now I'm locked out and can't afford to loose my data. Forgot password is dead for some reason. Any ideas? 

20181130_194620.thumb.jpg.442e15405bc19b373b1d9d5170daceb8.jpg

Yes, I know I was dumb not backing up both my drives, but I don't usually keep projects on my C drive. 

Depending on where the information was stored and whether the drive was encrypted, you can open the laptop up, pull out the drive, and hook it into a separate computer as an external or non-boot drive. From there, it's just extracting files off of it. Not sure what to do if the drive's encrypted though...

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

1 minute ago, Airdragonz said:

Depending on where the information was stored and whether the drive was encrypted, you can open the laptop up, pull out the drive, and hook it into a separate computer as an external or non-boot drive. From there, it's just extracting files off of it. Not sure what to do if the drive's encrypted though...

100% ^^^^

i think this person deserves best answer cause thats pretty much the only way except hiring a hacker

but we are not allowed to talk about that

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Just now, Airdragonz said:

It's a desktop. I won't have access to my laptop for at least another week (brought it with me when visiting family for Thanksgiving, forgot my only charger. Shipping is a bitch.)

1 minute ago, FlpDaMattress said:

It's a desktop. I won't have access to my laptop for at least another week (brought it with me when visiting family for Thanksgiving, forgot my only charger. Shipping is a bitch.)

If you have a free drive or even USB stick lying around, you can try installing Windows or Linux onto it, booting from that free drive / USB stick, and accessing your locked drive like that

There is a Linus video on how to hack into Windows.  Look that up.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

3 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

If you have a free drive or even USB stick lying around, you can try installing Windows or Linux onto it, booting from that free drive / USB stick, and accessing your locked drive like that

Don't have a bootable disc on hand/don't have any way to burn one. 

My suspicious lack of networking might be the source of my problem. 

20181130_200640.thumb.jpg.94c75700490355db1f44dcfd34ccae9d.jpg

That might be the problem actually. I'm fairly certain that WIndows doesn't require Internet connection to sign in, but if the password is linked to your Microsoft account, you'll probably need some sort of Internet connection to reset it. 

2 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

That might be the problem actually. I'm fairly certain that WIndows doesn't require Internet connection to sign in, but if the password is linked to your Microsoft account, you'll probably need some sort of Internet connection to reset it. 

I don't think it is but I can't be certain, I don't have a usb wifi adapter or anything. Rip

6 minutes ago, nick name said:

There is a Linus video on how to hack into Windows.  Look that up.  

Yeah really not interested in buying anything especially since my laptop will be functional again in about a week. 

Why must Microsoft make things harder than they need to beeeeeeeee

Solution is just depression and sadness, everywhere I go just tells me to factory reset. 

20181130_220502.thumb.jpg.a994d17affa710023a38462f6d6215d9.jpg

Had over 6 years of memes on my C. Fml. 

On 12/1/2018 at 3:19 AM, FlpDaMattress said:

Update: now it's just stuck doing this. Rip. 

20181130_201741.jpg

Are you sure the hard disk is not corrupted? 

btw the onl  thing I can think of is an USB recovery for both checking the disk and resetting the windows password