My PC boot into a black screen with a command prompt

Alex Wu

My pc boot into the login screen no problem 

But after i login with my password it become black screen and a command prompt pop out 

It does not boot my in to the desktop home screen

type this. "cd c:\windows" without the quotes and hit enter. this will change directories to the windows folder instead of system32. now type "explorer.exe" without the quotes and hit enter. this will bring your desktop up if something else is not the problem.

9 minutes ago, DukeJukem said:

type this. "cd c:\windows" without the quotes and hit enter. this will change directories to the windows folder instead of system32. now type "explorer.exe" without the quotes and hit enter. this will bring your desktop up if something else is not the problem.

This doesnt work 

The explorer.exe is just only a temporary solution 

each time i boot up need to do it

14 minutes ago, Alex Wu said:

This doesnt work 

The explorer.exe is just only a temporary solution 

each time i boot up need to do it

i know it's a temporary solution, but i was unaware if you knew how to do this or not so i told u how to fix it. type in msconfig and select normal startup and reboot. if the command prompt is starting at boot its either a 3rd party program doing it, a virus/malware or you have to tell it to do so yourself. so if the msconfig option doesn't work google adwcleaner and run that and see if it picks up anything and remove it. try roguekiller as well.

1 hour ago, DukeJukem said:

i know it's a temporary solution, but i was unaware if you knew how to do this or not so i told u how to fix it. type in msconfig and select normal startup and reboot. if the command prompt is starting at boot its either a 3rd party program doing it, a virus/malware or you have to tell it to do so yourself. so if the msconfig option doesn't work google adwcleaner and run that and see if it picks up anything and remove it. try roguekiller as well.

Thanks for your help,

It is working normally now.

1 hour ago, Alex Wu said:

Thanks for your help,

It is working normally now.

anytime :D that's what i'm here for. glad your issue is resolved.