Buy a monitor || Regarding sync technologies on high framerates

I just got my new 1080ti and I have some doubts I wanna clear before buying a decent monitor for it.
Until now I had a 1080p 60Hz TN AOC screen paired with a GTX 770, V-sync on almost 24/7.
I'm planning to buy a 1440p 120Hz+ screen.

Question number 1:
For what I'm seeing in many benchmarks, getting some games to 120fps+ is not possible with the max settings on with a 1080ti. Let's say I get 90 fps on X game. Would I need to activate V-Sync or G-Sync? Is there any image tearing for underfeeding frames to a screen? 

Question number 2:
Are there any screens I really need to avoid? I mean, I'll be expending like 350$+, ghosting should not be an issue at those prices, right?

Question number 3:
On games I know I can get 120fps+ easily, let's say Osu! or CSGO, if I'm capable of feeding almost 200fps to the screen with my GPU, could V-Sync be enough for playing at 120fps or would it absolutely trash my gaming experience?(Maybe I do not exactly understand what V-Sync is, I know what it is for, but not how it works)

Question number 4:
Kinda related to the previous question. G-Sync. I doubt I'll be playing Overwatch, League of Legends or CSGO. I don't have many games where I know I'll be getting tearing for overfeeding frames. Also, I dunno if V-sync can be used for 120fps gaming. Is G-sync a "must", a "buy it if you meet these requirements(list them pls)" or a "don't bother".

45 minutes ago, DoctorMckay said:

I just got my new 1080ti and I have some doubts I wanna clear before buying a decent monitor for it.
Until now I had a 1080p 60Hz TN AOC screen paired with a GTX 770, V-sync on almost 24/7.
I'm planning to buy a 1440p 120Hz+ screen.

Question number 1:
For what I'm seeing in many benchmarks, getting some games to 120fps+ is not possible with the max settings on with a 1080ti. Let's say I get 90 fps on X game. Would I need to activate V-Sync or G-Sync? Is there any image tearing for underfeeding frames to a screen? 

Question number 2:
Are there any screens I really need to avoid? I mean, I'll be expending like 350$+, ghosting should not be an issue at those prices, right?

Question number 3:
On games I know I can get 120fps+ easily, let's say Osu! or CSGO, if I'm capable of feeding almost 200fps to the screen with my GPU, could V-Sync be enough for playing at 120fps or would it absolutely trash my gaming experience?(Maybe I do not exactly understand what V-Sync is, I know what it is for, but not how it works)

Question number 4:
Kinda related to the previous question. G-Sync. I doubt I'll be playing Overwatch, League of Legends or CSGO. I don't have many games where I know I'll be getting tearing for overfeeding frames. Also, I dunno if V-sync can be used for 120fps gaming. Is G-sync a "must", a "buy it if you meet these requirements(list them pls)" or a "don't bother".

Q1: You should activate G-sync, G-sync makes lower frame rates look smoother on a high refresh rate display. Since it will change your displays refresh rate to match your fps.

Q2: Some people avoid VA-panels, you should check reviews etc before buying.

Q3: If i remember correctly you could use G-sync + V-sync. V-sync removers screen tearing when going past the displays refresh rate and if you somehow go under it the G-sync will smoothen it up. Even better you could just limit the max fps of the game to your displays refresh rate.

Q4: Q-sync is a nice feature to have if you cannot get to the 120fps, it will make the picture look smoother like i said earlier. V-sync in the other hand will just limit the fps to your displays refresh rate, for example 120. This will help with screen tearing.

EDIT: If you want butter smooth experience with Nvidia GPU you should buy G-sync monitor.

2 hours ago, Mholes said:

Q1: You should activate G-sync, G-sync makes lower frame rates look smoother on a high refresh rate display. Since it will change your displays refresh rate to match your fps.

Q2: Some people avoid VA-panels, you should check reviews etc before buying.

Q3: If i remember correctly you could use G-sync + V-sync. V-sync removers screen tearing when going past the displays refresh rate and if you somehow go under it the G-sync will smoothen it up. Even better you could just limit the max fps of the game to your displays refresh rate.

Q4: Q-sync is a nice feature to have if you cannot get to the 120fps, it will make the picture look smoother like i said earlier. V-sync in the other hand will just limit the fps to your displays refresh rate, for example 120. This will help with screen tearing.

EDIT: If you want butter smooth experience with Nvidia GPU you should buy G-sync monitor.

Q1: I'm guessing if my refreshrate differs from my fps I'll get tearing no matter what.

Ok, I'll look for reviews of G-sync capable monitors then.