GPU crashing after several hours of gaming on overclock

Sashgnarg

So I overclocked my 970 and these are my results

image.png.cdc59b1d82e30a67441538ef46629a79.png

I dropped my core clock and memory clock by 15 because my computer crashed but I'm not sure if that's even the issue. My temps with these settings remained 65 but for some reason after like 5-6 hours of gaming my whole computer freezes and I have to restart it.  I ran Valley benchmark for a good 20 minutes and no artifacts appeared, and gpu looked stable. Is there another issue?

14 minutes ago, Sashgnarg said:

So I overclocked my 970 and these are my results

image.png.cdc59b1d82e30a67441538ef46629a79.png

I dropped my core clock and memory clock by 15 because my computer crashed but I'm not sure if that's even the issue. My temps with these settings remained 65 but for some reason after like 5-6 hours of gaming my whole computer freezes and I have to restart it.  I ran Valley benchmark for a good 20 minutes and no artifacts appeared, and gpu looked stable. Is there another issue?

Yes, your OC is unstable. Run valley for 24 hours. It'll likely crash as well. Lower the OC until it doesn't crash.

I'd say make sure it can pass a stress test that lasts as long as you'd game at one time.  So, let it go while you're sleeping, if its still going in the morning, then you're good to go.  Personally, I give my GPU a little break every 1 - 2 hours when I'm gaming, just to be on the safe side.  Enough time to grab a sandwich or whatever.  

No added voltage? Isn’t stable, need to make it stable. Assuming the card can handle it. Could be out of power too. 

Testing and monitoring the card properly normally helps you find what is stable or why it isn’t. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz