DHL shipping

Un1verses

Anyone else ever have problems with them?

I bought some ram during the black friday sales from newegg, late on friday and expected it to be shipped early monday morning.

shipped sunday, 24th around 6:30PM, the package was delayed, but could only see the delay note through a 3rd party parcel tracking service.

Sat in the same place for 3 days, on the 27th, an update, It's now at a sorting center, which it stayed all day, and was finally shipped today at 6:30 am

the best part of all is the estimated deliver is 7 days from now!

probably won't be 7 days but this is crazy. I paid more for newegg ground and this is what I get apparently. 

no idea why they decide to use DHL.

Depends on where you are.

I know FedEx is a ripoff!

I avoid FedEx as much as possible.

Been ripped off by them a couple times now.

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

Depends on where you are.

I know FedEx is a ripoff!

I avoid FedEx as much as possible.

Been ripped off by them a couple times now.

Florida, it's coming from New Jersey, nonetheless, 3 days it could've been on its way, and i'm not really sure if it was delayed or not, as their tracking doesn't even register my package, only through newegg, and 3rd party parcel tracking and usps, who DHL is transporting it to, usps then will deliver it to my door.

6 minutes ago, Un1verses said:

I bought some ram during the black friday sales from newegg, late on friday and expected it to be shipped early monday morning.

shipped sunday, 24th around 6:30PM, the package was delayed, but could only see the delay note through a 3rd party parcel tracking service.

Sat in the same place for 3 days, on the 27th, an update, It's now at a sorting center, which it stayed all day, and was finally shipped today at 6:30 am

probably won't be 7 days but this is crazy. I paid more for newegg ground and this is what I get apparently. 

Having had a lot of items shipped over the years, DHL, UPS, FedEx, other couriers.  They all have their great moments and not so great moments.

FedEx has by far been the most inflexible to deal with IMO.

I have had a case where the USPS claimed to have delivered my item, only to have it arrive 5 days later (after speaking with amazon and getting a replacement sent after 3 days).  So i now have 2 copies of said item.  Fun.

A lot of the last mile Amazon courier folks have been very good.  They have a tendency to ninja the package at your door and poof disappear silently.

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold

1 minute ago, Un1verses said:

Florida, it's coming from New Jersey, nonetheless, 3 days it could've been on its way, and i'm not really sure if it was delayed or not, as their tracking doesn't even register my package, only through newegg, and 3rd party parcel tracking and usps, who DHL is transporting it to, usps then will deliver it to my door.

There was a winter storm up there this past week.  So its possible that there was a trucking accident, or safety delays.

If your package leaves on a truck that then gets into a wreck.  Im not sure what the shipping tracker will say, but if they need to replace the item and re-ship, its gonna take time.

Linux Daily Driver:

Gaming Rig:

Server

1 minute ago, MedievalMatt said:

A lot of the last mile Amazon courier folks have been very good.  They have a tendency to ninja the package at your door and poof disappear silently.

I have run into one Amazon "contractor"

They ring the doorbell and walk away.

Then the major carrier places a heavy package right at the door so I cant even open the screen door.

Just now, MedievalMatt said:

There was a winter storm up there this past week.  So its possible that there was a trucking accident, or safety delays.

If your package leaves on a truck that then gets into a wreck.  Im not sure what the shipping tracker will say, but if they need to replace the item and re-ship, its gonna take time.

I'm aware of the storms, but at least some communication is needed, i knew nothing of a delay and had to guess as much, then to even get tracking updates i used parcel monitor.

Then the major carrier places a heavy package right at the door so I cant even open the screen door.

That's actually kind of funny, although i'm not sure what people are thinking when they place the package infront of your screen door.

That's actually kind of funny, although i'm not sure what people are thinking when they place the package infront of your screen door.

This is the way I look at it.

Those people are not that bright. That is why they are doing what they are doing.

This is the way I look at it.

Those people are not that bright. That is why they are doing what they are doing.

It's always surprising, you'd think people with that little common sense wouldn't be working in a place dealing with other peoples possessions. Either that or they don't care and just want to get going.

20 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

In my experience, they just drop the package and walk away, no knock or doorbell.  Literal package ninjas.

19 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

@MedievalMatt

I know when Canada Post gets in a jam, they bring in an overlooker on site.

I know that in my case Amazon was in touch with the USPS office local to me.  But the USPS is a pseudo government agency and so they can pretty much  get away with any level of shitty service.

On the screen door front.  This has happened to me as well, thankfully with only PC cases and not anything super fragile (those PC case boxes can take a beating).

Linux Daily Driver:

Gaming Rig:

Server

2 minutes ago, MedievalMatt said:

In my experience, they just drop the package and walk away, no knock or doorbell.  Literal package ninjas.

I know that in my case Amazon was in touch with the USPS office local to me.  But the USPS is a pseudo government agency and so they can pretty much  get away with any level of shitty service.

On the screen door front.  This has happened to me as well, thankfully with only PC cases and not anything super fragile (those PC case boxes can take a beating).

somehow never happened to me, nor does anything i order ever use fedex, always been usps or ups. first time with DHL, i looked into them and saw all these horror stories and figured that they were the bad few out of a couple hundred thousand if not million. Guess not. First actual BAD shipping experience in 10 years.

58 minutes ago, Un1verses said:

somehow never happened to me, nor does anything i order ever use fedex, always been usps or ups. first time with DHL, i looked into them and saw all these horror stories and figured that they were the bad few out of a couple hundred thousand if not million. Guess not. First actual BAD shipping experience in 10 years.

yea, I dont have many bad experiences.  Roughly 300 items shipped in the last 4 years.  only had about 3 or 4 shipments go wrong.  1% failure is acceptable IMO.

Look at it from the shipping companies POV though.  If you order something, and the shipment is delayed because an employee screwed up and put the package on the wrong truck, or in the wrong part of the warehouse.  They cant really put that on the tracking site, because then youll be calling the shipping company going "WTF, why did you send this to Hawaii, I live in Maine!!".  So they probably just put some BS like "Package arrived at sort facility"  and leave that until the package is on the right track again.  Its way easier to deal with that type of call than the former.  Granted they could be more granular, but given that these companies have human beings as employees, and those humans are prone to failure, as we all are, I dont think its fair to be calling people out for every mistake they might make on the tracking site.

DHL, UPS, FedEx handle millions of shipments daily... occasionally some will be put on the wrong truck, or sorted wrong, or misdirected/mis-delivered.

Linux Daily Driver:

Gaming Rig:

Server

2 hours ago, Un1verses said:

Last black Friday I bought a bunch of parts on Newegg.  Everything shipped Fed Ex sans the RAM..which shipped DHL...I had my PC sans RAM for 2 weeks.

I hate DHL.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

2 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

I hate DHL.

I don't like them even that much.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Just now, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I don't like them even that much.

I bought my wife another SSD drive for her gaming rig on Black Friday...Ive gotten everything I ordered on Black Friday sans this SSD...because....DUN DUN DUN - it shipped DHL.  Their tracking is showing an estimated delivery time of Friday next week, LOL.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

I purchased a very nice columbia jacket for myself on black friday, it shipped (you guessed it) via DHL, says I won't receive it until dec 4th.

Just now, AngryBeaver said:

I purchased a very nice columbia jacket for myself on black friday, it shipped (you guessed it) via DHL, says I won't receive it until dec 4th.

You are lucky that it fit you, but my guess is you are familiar with the Columbia sizing. I do that with shoes that I have bought before.

holy shit really? Mine's supposed to be her dec 4th too. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES.

oh and i also found this website, the irony.

http://dhl-sucks.net/

check out all of these angry people.

it was already delayed 3 days, now it's gonna take another 7 to get here. What a load of bs.

expected to build my pc today but i have to wait for my ram to get here. i'll be on my fucking deathbed before DHL arrives on time.

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

What I mean is DHL is a hit/miss company they're not the best, but they're not the worst.  Laser usually steals your packages, refuses to deliver it, makes up bs stories, Amazon loves using them on the East Coast, and so on.  They actually don't train their employees, give the driver/delivery guy the worst equipment and so on.  DHL at least has branded trucks where Laser just has random people jumping out of unbranded white vans the kind your parents warn you about when you're a kid.  I mean the dude who delivers at my sister's is a nice guy, but due to the shit equipment, he almost always arrives at like 8 pm or later.  Another driver in my area showed up at 2AM with my package.  If I wasn't a late night coder I would have been pissed.  XD

https://www.yelp.com/biz/lasership-washington?adjust_creative=bing&utm_campaign=yelp_feed&utm_medium=feed_v2&utm_source=bing You thought DHL is bad?  Lasership, "Hold my beer!"

i feel like dhl and lasership are the equivalent of "the verge on pc building guides"

and 2am package delivery? That's actually funny to me.

27 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

You are lucky that it fit you, but my guess is you are familiar with the Columbia sizing. I do that with shoes that I have bought before.

I haven't actually got it yet! lol. As to sizing we will see, if I remember correctly they tended to run a tad larger than advertised, which is fine.

1 minute ago, AngryBeaver said:

I haven't actually got it yet! lol. As to sizing we will see, if I remember correctly they tended to run a tad larger than advertised, which is fine.

where's your package coming from and going to?

because i'm getting my package dec 4th as well

where's your package coming from and going to?

because i'm getting my package dec 4th as well

Portland, Oregon

9 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Portland, Oregon

is that where you are or where it came from? Where's it coming from though/going to, need both to see if it came from the same place as mine did, that would be a reasonable delay.