2080 Ti Issue Status?

JMSOG

What's the current status of the notorious 2080 ti issues? Have more recent batches been fixed? Haven't been able to find anything concrete.

My Build, "Helios"

CPU: 5950x with Noctua NH-D15

GPU: MSI 2080ti

Case: BE QUIET! Dark Base 900 Pro

Storage: Samsung 970  pro 500gb (boot drive), unknown 2tb Seagate drive, 4tb WD Black drive

PSU: Corsair HX1000i

RAM: (4x8) Trident Z RGB

Remote PC Starter Kit

It was only on the first line, the ones sold en produced are just at the normal failure rate

While the media and people's anecdotal horror stories about the RTX 2080 Ti failing paint a terrible picture for the card, in all reality the card has a pretty standard failure rate.  Scouring the internet it mostly seems Nvidia branded RTX 2080 Ti cards have been effected.  Some have hypothesized this is due to a bad batch of Micron ram and replacements are being sent back with Samsung versions?  TLDR still a overblown story just magnified by the $1000+ cost of each card and with ray tracing being a dud so far. 

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42" 

16 minutes ago, Jrasero said:

.  Some have hypothesized this is due to a bad batch of Micron ram and replacements are being sent back with Samsung versions?  TLDR still a overblown story just magnified by the $1000+ cost of each card and with ray tracing being a dud so far. 

No. Nvidia simply also gets VRAM from Samsung as well as Micron alome can't keep up with the production. 

On 11/27/2018 at 4:18 PM, WereCat said:

No. Nvidia simply also gets VRAM from Samsung as well as Micron alome can't keep up with the production. 

Yeah so what I said is correct.  If people's defective cards are using Micron VRAM, NVIDIA still could be sending out Samsung replacements  

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42" 

They are safe to buy. I just bought two EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultras and they have been flawless. They are spectacular cards and absolutely rip everything. 

5950X | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 | ASUS Dark Hero | EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3090 Hybrid | ASUS PG27UQ & PG279Q | Dual Samsung 970 Evo+ 2TB | Corsair AX1600i | Corsair H150i Pro Capillex | Corsair 1000D