MSI GTX 1060 OC Driver not Detected

AndresFK
Go to solution Solved by Compassionate Homicide,
1 hour ago, AndresFK said:

I bought an MSI gtx 1060 oc a few day ago, after 3 day I decide to install the gtx 1060 to my computer, however, the gtx driver is not detected in the device manager instead I see the Intel graphic driver in the device manager and by the way my resolution have change too from a 1600x600 to  a 800x600 resolution screen. Even when I download the latest driver from Nvidia's site the driver isn't detected. 

Here my spec: 

WIndows 10 home edition

Intel i5 6400k

AsRock h110m-ds/Hyper (I know is out of production)

16GB ram 

PSU 400w

I don't if my new graphic is broken because I forgot  to unplug the power cord, by accident, even thought my computer is completely shut down, or they send me the wrong graphic card. By the way when I put back my old graphic card, the gtx 1050  2gb, my computer run fine and the graphic card is detected in the device manager. I wonder why this only happen to gtx 1060 for the  older computer.

Thank whoever ready this.

Did you uninstall previous driver?

Download Display Driver Uninstaller and remove all old nVidia drivers. Try re-install after.

I bought an MSI gtx 1060 oc a few day ago, after 3 day I decide to install the gtx 1060 to my computer, however, the gtx driver is not detected in the device manager instead I see the Intel graphic driver in the device manager and by the way my resolution have change too from a 1600x600 to  a 800x600 resolution screen. Even when I download the latest driver from Nvidia's site the driver isn't detected. 

Here my spec: 

WIndows 10 home edition

Intel i5 6400k

16GB ram 

PSU 400w

I don't if my new graphic is broken because I forgot  to unplug the power cord, by accident, even thought my computer is completely shut down, or they send me the wrong graphic card. By the way when I put back my old graphic card, the gtx 1050  2gb, my computer run fine and the graphic card is detected in the device manager. I wonder why this only happen to gtx 1060 for the  older computer.

1 hour ago, AndresFK said:

Here my spec: 

WIndows 10 home edition

Intel i5 6400k

16GB ram 

PSU 400w

Did you uninstall previous driver?

Download Display Driver Uninstaller and remove all old nVidia drivers. Try re-install after.

Never rub another man's rhubarb!

4.2225Ghz 1700x on air

cpu-z validation

Going to do that when I back home and update on that soon 

3 hours ago, AndresFK said:

Going to do that when I back home and update on that soon 

Ok, got back home, I removed my old graphic card (GTX1050) then added the new MSI GTX 1060  graphic card after that reset my computer into safe mode and use DDU. Finally I google nvida driver and installed the latest driver. Now my computer is reading the GTX 1060. By the way my old gtx 1050 doesn't have the pci-e power plug.

Here are my mistake that I did: 

-I use the DDU before installing the new graphic card. 

-My PCI-e was hidden in the opposite side of the pc case, thought didn't need the PCI-e.

-I went to the Nvidia's site and click on the drives then download the version 416.94, instead of using the all nvida drives to find the latest version.

Thanks you so much for the help

1.pdf

2 - Reduced.pdf

3 - Reduced.pdf

4.pdf

5 - Reduced.pdf

6.pdf

7 - Reduced.pdf

8 - Reduced.pdf