Windows 10 October update 1809

Ahmet Alhurmuzy
Go to solution Solved by WereCatf,
11 minutes ago, Ahmet Alhurmuzy said:

I have windows 10 version 1803 operation system , i checked my windows update and i never got the 1809 update until now

The reason it's not showing for you is most likely because Windows has detected that you have some drivers that will break with 1809, so I wouldn't recommend installing it manually. Wait for Microsoft to release a new update.

Hello everyone ??

I have windows 10 version 1803 operation system , i checked my windows update and i never got the 1809 update until now ,,, sooo now i downloaded the 1809 update (iso) to keep it on my flash memory.

Sooooo if i open iso file and install it (setup) now ,, will my files remain in all partitions or will remove all my files and games from partitions ????

Need help about this.

Thanks to all .

Download the media creation tool, and tell it up upgrade this computer, nothing will be wiped.

That being said always good to have backups in case something goes terribly wrong, like the first 1809 update.

4 minutes ago, Ahmet Alhurmuzy said:

Hello everyone ??

I have windows 10 version 1803 operation system , i checked my windows update and i never got the 1809 update until now ,,, sooo now i downloaded the 1809 update (iso) to keep it on my flash memory.

Sooooo if i open iso file and install it (setup) now ,, will my files remain in all partitions or will remove all my files and games from partitions ????

Need help about this.

Thanks to all .

I suggest you dont install 1809 now since there are some major bugs.microsoft wont show 1809 update in windows update to people/pc which can/may cause problems

read-https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/11/27/in-rare-cases-windows-10-version-1809-install-could-fail-if-developer-mode-is-enabled/

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/11/latest-windows-10-update-breaks-windows-media-player-win32-apps-in-general/

as for your other  query,use upgrade option keeping all files

11 minutes ago, Ahmet Alhurmuzy said:

I have windows 10 version 1803 operation system , i checked my windows update and i never got the 1809 update until now

The reason it's not showing for you is most likely because Windows has detected that you have some drivers that will break with 1809, so I wouldn't recommend installing it manually. Wait for Microsoft to release a new update.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Download and installed the 1809 update just a couple of days ago.  So far no problems.  Just got to keep all your drivers and stuff up to date.

Windows 10 updates are delivered in waves and this is because blocks are put in place when problems are detected with specific configurations.

For example, if found that ones of the software you use has a bug and doesn't work with a new update, or a driver issue exists, the update will not be delivered until it is fixed in Windows via a patch, or the program or driver is updated.

This system, introduced since Windows Vista (If I am not mistaken) has been put into place to minimize the number of people having issues.

Forcing the update may lead to you have issues that you'll need to live by until a patch is made by the software maker, driver maker, or Windows (depending on the issue).